The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Is this in Paddington?
Nope. Not a bear in sight :)

It is Elder Street in Spitalfields, which sits right next to the square mile and is the beginning of London's East End.

I was scoping out the route for a photographic tour I am leading in the area in a couple of week's time.

Louis

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The famous New Zealand tree.
I wish I was sitting there right now, able to contemplate that tree -- minus any people of course -- excellent capture! :thumbs:

(And yes, the internet -- and admittedly sites like this one -- has/have made "special" places, way more popular. Not sure it's a good thing in general, definitely not a good thing for photographers. :( )

tcdeveau

Some astro fun with the 21mm XCD from the weekend looking out over the Blue Ridge mountains in North Georgia and from a 19th century farmhouse I stayed in over in Highlands, North Carolina. I've got more images and am planning to do a separate more detailed "astrophotography with the 21mm xcd" thread later in the week for anyone interested.
-Todd

6-10-18_0545.jpg

6-10-18_0526.jpg

cerett

The famous New Zealand tree. I have been to NZ four times over a 12 year period. The first two times I saw no one at the tree. The last time I went there were 100 people. One guy was climbing on the tree. Most iconic locations have experienced the same popularity with photographers chasing the trophy shots. 25 years ago I photographed the Wave, slot canyons and Mesa Arch, Delicate arch and other now iconic locations on the SW and saw no one. Now most of these spots are crazy busy.

I now try and shoot mostly intimate forest scenes that I find. I do get suckered into shooting these spots either for a workshop or my wife wants to go. Sorry for the rant.[/QUOTE]

No apology necessary - truer words were never spoken. I'm sure all of us have recent stories about the situation at these iconic locations here and elsewhere; i.e., Iceland. Sadly, it is only going to get worse. I understand the crowds at the slot canyons are now incredible.

stevenfr

Thank you Jack, Tcdeveeau and Cerett for your posts. I get incredible satisfaction out of creating my own images that reflect my patience, effort, and vision, compared to photographing the iconic locations, where you show up and you already know what you are going to photograph. I prefer and enjoy wandering, around with my wife in a aspen or rainforest hunting around for that spot where design, composition, light and colour come together to make a photo that is mine.

M

mjr

Morning

I never shoot weddings, a lot of people get married here as it's a beautiful place but honestly, the hassle of large groups of people and the fact I care a lot about the images and that is often a compromise when you can't control things so I turn down a lot! A couple of weeks back I got a call from a couple who were just getting married for themselves, no guests, ceremony at the waterfall and just wanted some shots of the two of them, sounded just right! A couple of shots, can probably tell I'm not a wedding photographer but I like them anyway.

Mark C

Got a call a couple of days ago from my local Fuji dealer to tell me they had the GF 250mm in stock inc a demo which I could try. I convinced myself that I'd only go in to look, not to buy. You can guess the rest! One of my first images with the 250mm, this is at f4:

Growing wild by Mark, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.