The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I hear a Leica S2 quietly sobbing on a shelf out of neglect... :scry:
Oh, it's just the shiny new toy effect. :cool: After tomorrow, which will see the end of the Laser-tag tournament taking place in my kidneys, I'll go back to lugging heavier equipment around.:grin:

The S glass is still fabulous. It's the walk-around-the-city-shooting-architecture thing where the X1D excels.

--Matt

dave.gt

Ed,

Simply superb. I have seen this elsewhere and I still don't know where this was made. Not that I will be able to travel to this location, but such a lovely image inspires me! This is wonderful.:):):)

etrump

Thank you Dave! Photographed just west of Valensole France.

Ed,

Simply superb. I have seen this elsewhere and I still don't know where this was made. Not that I will be able to travel to this location, but such a lovely image inspires me! This is wonderful.:):):)

M

mjr

Morning!

Very tired after spending a couple of nights in the mountains with my Sami reindeer herding friends, they work all night marking the new calves. I struggled walking 6.5km up the mountain at 10pm with a full bag of camera kit, cold weather clothes and food, nearly did me in!

Anyway, a shot at midnight, well, 11.58 but close enough.

dave.gt

Mat,

Love the mood in this image. It is good to see you back on the reindeer project, that is such a unique experience. Btw, be careful with those strenuous, lonely treks!

(I have recently learned my physical limitations and am paying for it months later, myself.)

Thank you for continuing to share with us!:thumbup:

M

mjr

Thanks Dave, very kind of you. Not long ago I'd have ran 6.5km up a mountain, now I'm still knackered 2 days later! I think carrying all the kit was the killer, but I'm definitely feeling like I'm going to be 46 soon!

Cheers

Mat

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Morning!

Very tired after spending a couple of nights in the mountains with my Sami reindeer herding friends, they work all night marking the new calves. I struggled walking 6.5km up the mountain at 10pm with a full bag of camera kit, cold weather clothes and food, nearly did me in!

Anyway, a shot at midnight, well, 11.58 but close enough.

Mat
Many many years ago , I saw a computer controlled HASSELBLAD SLIDE SHOW with 10 PCP projectors and fantastic sound .
The show covered exactly the topic of the sami reindeer herding work . Hard , hard work .
I was very impressed . Thank you for your image .

M

mjr

Thanks Jurgen

It is indeed incredibly hard work, what's amazing though is the community spirit, 3 generations of some families there, kids learning how it works and the traditions being passed on which is amazing to see. I'll post some shots of the work once I have run them passed everyone, it's fascinating to see!

Thanks again.

Mat

darr

Palm Tree Bayou

--

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Darr

dave.gt

Darr,

Love your images, they have a timeless beauty that just works every time for me!:):(:)

Happy 4th of July wish for you as well!:thumbs:

Btw, which film back are you using on the TC?

darr

Re: ALPA + Hasselblad

Darr,

Love your images, they have a timeless beauty that just works every time for me!:):(:)

Happy 4th of July wish for you as well!:thumbs:

Btw, which film back are you using on the TC?
Hi Dave,

A Hasselblad C back. I get asked this question from time to time, so I just stepped outside and took a few snaps of the setup I used to make the Palm Tree Bayou image. Hopefully it will help someone else down the road. You gotta use a "C" back if you want to shoot a Hasselblad film magazine on an ALPA body because you have to manually advance the film. There is no film loaded in my back at this moment, and if there was, you would be able to read the frame number off the film backing paper through the peephole. I have never had a problem with spacing because IMO, Hasselblad knows how to engineer stuff. I bought two very clean C backs off eBay and sent them to David Odess for rebuilding. Both had light leaks near where the dark slide goes. These backs can be older than me (I just turned 60), so I purchased them knowing I would be sending them to David for rebuilding.

If I am also going to shoot with my CFV50c back, I do not use the ground glass. But there are times I shoot just film and take this very lightweight setup out in a small bag. I also use an inexpensive Hoodman loupe instead of the reflex finder most of the time. I use the CFV50c with my Flex-Body on a copy stand and light box to copy my negatives. I use to scan my negatives but find the digital back does a better and cleaner job. I was amazed how much dust I lost after I stopped scanning them. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darr

Status
Not open for further replies.