The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

The scene looked 3D then, and looks 3D now. Incredible scenery.

Joe

Shashin

...surely we can do without mosquitos?!
But apparently, they cannot do without you! You gotta stop feeding them, Mat.

But look on the bright side, you don't get a lot of tourists. Or at least, there are few remains...

JohnBrew

Strange that this should come up! Since I live on the coast we are constantly fighting the battle of the no-see-ums and mosquitos. This year hasn't been so bad but a late observation - we have NO bats this year! Usually the twilight sky is filled with them and so far this year absolutely none! Quite odd.

M

mjr

Morning

Whilst waiting for the reindeer marking to start, I popped in to Norway, we were right at the border anyway. It's an amazing drive down through tree covered valleys, masses of waterfalls and rivers flowing. I stopped and watched the clouds stream overhead and the light moving across the top of the trees for half an hour, very peaceful!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Strange that this should come up! Since I live on the coast we are constantly fighting the battle of the no-see-ums and mosquitos. This year hasn't been so bad but a late observation - we have NO bats this year! Usually the twilight sky is filled with them and so far this year absolutely none! Quite odd.
I sincerely hope the bats are not being killed by White-mouth disease. This started in Europe, I think, and somehow reached NY State, from where it has spread throughout the North East, including Ontario where they are now rarely seen. The disease causes them to awake during hibernation, I'm told, when they have no food source, so they starve.

However, I hear that a recovery may be taking place as more sightings are currently being reported, though the hundreds I used to see on a summer evening are no more.

M

mjr

Nice, got to love wet plate, so much character!

Anyway, less character in my images! Feeling black and white this morning, so here's a shot of the reindeer calf marking, they do it in the traditional way, each family having their own series of marks they cut in to the ear, fascinating stuff. The lasso the calves first as it runs next to its mother, so they know who it belongs to, the calf just jumps up afterwards and calls to its mother. They remember where they last saw each other and return to the same spot, amazing!

Craig Stocks

A little light painting fun with a car and the Milky Way. XF / IQ-3100 and 35 mm BR. The sky is blended from 5 frames at 60 seconds each, ISO 1600, f/4.0 with a star tracking mount. The car was light painted at a variety of ISOs and shutter speeds.

M

mjr

Morning

Just a reindeer at 2.30am, looking much fresher than I did at that time!

M

mjr

Thanks Dave!

It's on the cards, need a good story though, just a collection of images at the moment. The family I follow has a 17 year old son, looking at a way of combining images with his story of following a traditional lifestyle in a modern world, would like it to go somewhere but will see.

Cheers and have a good week.

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.