The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Solar Power Generator outside Seville. Generates an ungodly amount of electricity using steam generation.

XF/IQ3 Achromatic/240LS:

0C70DA1F-FF04-4A5F-97F5-729EB727E83D.jpeg

09CD5AE8-66AF-4ADF-B459-85A8BAAC7486.jpeg

Three shot stitch from a Mavic Pro (I know...):
01ACD87D-23EB-4E1D-9D26-DA7E74878853.jpeg

ejpeiker

05:00 On the Zion Plateau after driving all night - 6 vertical frame stitched panorama...
P1 XF-IQ3100, 40-80mm @ 40mm, ISO 50, f/8, 2s

UT_Zion_Plateau02.jpg

dave.gt

WOW!

I am jealous, Ed... I am so glad I never got to Stonehenge and never photographed it. I would have been not so happy with mine after seeing this. :):):)

Beautiful!

How long was that exposure?

dave.gt

Nirvana. Heaven. MFD at it's best for me! DUAL format!

The addition of a film back(s) to the work flow with the Studio's H5D-50c has been a world changer for me. I love the malleable files and the grain. And, the cool thing is how seamless it is to use the film back, change to another instantly, and all with no fuss, no stopping to think, it just works!

MFD fun! Because... sometimes, I just have to have film.:thumbs:

Sculpture Piedmont Park 2018 FINAL getdpi.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Nirvana. Heaven. MFD at it's best for me! DUAL format!

The addition of a film back(s) to the work flow with the Studio's H5D-50c has been a world changer for me. I love the malleable files and the grain. And, the cool thing is how seamless it is to use the film back, change to another instantly, and all with no fuss, no stopping to think, it just works!

MFD fun! Because... sometimes, I just have to have film.:thumbs:
Amazing tones there, Dave, with a lovely composition.

dave.gt

As I await my results from a Velvia walkabout:), I have been delighted to see how well the H5 and film backs perform off the tripod. Of the three rolls I shot, one was a completely all-handheld snap session that took me around our little town square in less than 10 minutes one late afternoon. There was not a single frame that did not come out perfectly.

For 12x12 images in a book, I find the film images have a look that I am just beginning to explore and I do believe they will work in the presentation forms that I currently produce.

Our County courthouse:
Coweta Courthouse H5D Film FINAL getdpi lo.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Still trying to come to grips with the 21mm on the X1D. It's wide! (the Canon 17 T/S is next, I suppose :loco:)
Here's a stacked car parking lot in lowerish Manhattan.

--Matt

dave.gt

Very cool perspective, Matt! Colors catch the eye, well done!

Somehow, I like the look of these parking facilities as they remind me of the scale model promotional I once collected as a young enthusiast before we started our
family. I still have those boxed up somewhere.

You have inspired me to visit the boxes left unopened for a long time!

Btw, this is probably a common site in NYC. I am not aware if a single facility like this is even in Georgia. A rare sight, thanks for sharing!:)

dave.gt

Amazing tones there, Dave, with a lovely composition.
Thanks, Ed. The film back did all the work other than my contorted position to actually frame this shot. It is a very low sculpture in Piedmont Park. So, while Todd was busy making yet another masterpiece, I was in a three point stance with my elbow on the wet asphalt paving, almost horizontal trying to look through the viewfinder. True Focus is amazing.

As Humphrey Bogart said (paraphrased) in Casablanca, I think we are going to have a great relationship!:thumbup:

dave.gt

To those who think a Hasselblad H is not suited for street photography. :thumb:

The Alamo Theater Newnan Square 2018 FINAL.jpg

Lol, I had a great time with the H loaded with film and walking the streets. For those who want to be discreet, go for it, I like bold!.. I say, if ya got it flaunt it! I love to have the largest camera I can handhold because it is honest, not "sneaky", photography that happens to be fun! Outdoors anyway... and the 503 is so cool that no one minds. It remains to be seen if the Studio's H5 will blend in and not be a problem, though.

Shooting an event indoors.... ugh... not so much a good idea. In fact, it is a terrible idea, I tried it. DAMHIK... :facesmack: ... that is why I have a small Leica X1 for silent digital capture and a Baby Rolleiflex TLR for dead silent film capture.

dave.gt

Memo to self:

Update my bucket list to meet up with Ed Hurst at Stonehenge for a night of star trail canera therapy.:grin:

Scratch that... win the lottery first! Then meet up with Ed...

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.