The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Michiel,

A mysterious property for sure. It seems that this property has been under constant change, and continues as well. Perhaps there is a plan? One wonders...

Plasticity is a term that intrigues me both from an artistic viewpoint and from a built-environment/city planing standpoint. I would enjoy reading your thoughts as they relate to this image.:)

Thanks so much,:)

Ed Hurst

Memo to self:

Update my bucket list to meet up with Ed Hurst at Stonehenge for a night of star trail canera therapy.:grin:

Scratch that... win the lottery first! Then meet up with Ed...

:thumbs:
Dave, that would be great fun. Get yourself over here! Just remember that it is not as easy a location as the picture might make it appear. There is light pollution in most directions. The A303 road is close by, and traffic creates major light problems that have to be resolved frame-by-frame. The fence is patrolled all night by torch-carrying (but very friendly) security guards who inadvertently cause light issues and, of course, prevent any attempt at getting into the site proper (not that I would). Oh, and accessing the position even from where you are allowed to requires quite a walk these days because there is nowhere to park close by any more (by design). So prepare for some effort/frustration at the time and lengthy editing work afterwards!

etrump

In Paris for a few days to decompress after two weeks in Spain and the Provence region. We have a nice view from our flat and some clouds so I couldn’t resist.

Off to museums and shopping today.

XF/IQ3100/75-100 Verticals Stitched:
234FE293-05C5-4F66-8591-064F797D8389.jpg

XF/IQ3A/240LS:
2388833D-95B9-4E4F-A804-B9D2672F109B.jpg

XF/IQA/75-100 Stitched:
34D95C70-6E45-49F5-B910-7A48A622C41D.jpg

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel,

A mysterious property for sure. It seems that this property has been under constant change, and continues as well. Perhaps there is a plan? One wonders...

Plasticity is a term that intrigues me both from an artistic viewpoint and from a built-environment/city planing standpoint. I would enjoy reading your thoughts as they relate to this image.:)

Thanks so much,:)
Another translation is [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]malleability as someone stated: I see no plastic! [/FONT]:confused:
Don't think there have been to many built-environment/city planing restrictions in the past. That should have been very bad for the creativity of the people to
build there extra spaces on the backside of there houses.

Most of my life I have been working as a sculptor and my way of looking at things are influenced by the way a sculptor looks at things for inspiration.
The organic growth of these volumes/buildings make me think about how one could make a sculpture or even a painting for that matter.
If you look through your eyelashes you could discover a cubistic painting in this seen.

For example the following photograph gives me that same feeling; a very sculpture like image.

dave.gt

Michiel,

Thank you for your insights. Yes, I live your descriptive words and cubist certainly comes to mind. Love it!

I had no idea you were a sculptor! There are so many things I can learn from you, not only from your photos but from your vision. Plasticity, yes, absolutely like a painting. I can see the laters and I can see the passage of time. The shapes are what struck me initially.

Thanks for sharing. :):):)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
In marked contrast with the difficulties of star trails at Stonehenge, here we have "look out the window". The sun and the rain did all the work. It's embarrassing. :eek:

--Matt

dave.gt

And the same glorious sun is beginning to grace us with its presence as I type these words. Most of us forget to look up, let alone capture the moment!

But you did.:)

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel,

Thank you for your insights. Yes, I live your descriptive words and cubist certainly comes to mind. Love it!

I had no idea you were a sculptor! There are so many things I can learn from you, not only from your photos but from your vision. Plasticity, yes, absolutely like a painting. I can see the laters and I can see the passage of time. The shapes are what struck me initially.

Thanks for sharing. :):):)
My pleasure! Thank you for your interest Dave! It is good when someone forces you to give reason for the choices one makes to push a button. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

In marked contrast with the difficulties of star trails at Stonehenge, here we have "look out the window". The sun and the rain did all the work. It's embarrassing. :eek:

--Matt
One doesn't always have to go far to find the grail :D Makes me think of the words spoken by the late (just) legendary Cinematographer Robby Müller about how he does his camerawork; Like a cat jumping on the table, not streching to much and not to little but just enough!

canuxr

Here are some of my first shots hiking with the Hasselblad X1D with XCD45 lens over a few months. All hand held.

Morning hike up to 12,000 Feet Alt

Walking in the forest

At a mountain peak with storm brewing at sunset

Mountain summit peak

"The Window" summit

M

mjr

It has been a beautiful day here today, until an hour ago when the sky went black, thunder and lightning. I had a choice, grab the camera quick and head to the river or get the washing off the line. Obviously, here's a quick shot, the clothes will dry eventually, it's all about priorities! Could only manage a couple of shots as the lightning started to move a little closer along with the rain, great sky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.