The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

B L

........., and the garlic is, well, garlic.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Absolutely,garlic is.......garlic and nothing else!

dave.gt

Wow, looks like something out of a movie!!' Awesome!:bugeyes:

That bird was kind enough to sit through the rain to be in the photo ... I wish I could find birds like that!:):):)
Dave,

As always there is a story behind this amazing image. When you get a minute, could you please share a little of it?

I am mesmerized by it and I just gotta know a little more. Thanks!:):):)

D&A

Before I get around to posting one final firework image later this week, I thought I'd post this consecutive pair for illustrative purposes only. What happened was a very unusual/rare westward wind for this location whipped up simultaneously as a barrage of "end of the firework show" shells were fired. It appeared to many as though some sort of incendiary device was unintentionally set off and many spectators could feel the immense debris of the spent firework casings raining down on them. Coincidentally it almost coincided at the point when the National Symphony was playing the finale to the 1812 overture. The visual was unusual to say the least.

"Celebrating the 4th in the Nation's Capital" (supplementary)
Pentax 645Z; FA 75mm f2.8

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Thanks for the positive comments and the questions, chaps.

Two exposures...
1. Sky is ISO6400, 15 seconds @ f4
2. Foreground is ISO800, 203 seconds @ f5.6
Lens slightly refocused between frames
Different editing for noise, contrast, etc. on each file
Manually blended

B L

Thanks for the positive comments and the questions, chaps.

Two exposures...
1. Sky is ISO6400, 15 seconds @ f4
2. Foreground is ISO800, 203 seconds @ f5.6
Lens slightly refocused between frames
Different editing for noise, contrast, etc. on each file
Manually blended
Thanks ED,
Now this is important.
I am sure some of us or many of us would like to learn more about "your type of photography", and fortunately you are in UK,what do other UK enthusiasts feel about a meet up and declare ED as a teacher.
Any chanve of touring the country? I know its not that easy.

gurtch

Dave,

As always there is a story behind this amazing image. When you get a minute, could you please share a little of it?

I am mesmerized by it and I just gotta know a little more. Thanks!:):):)
Hi Dave. The foreground was shot with a monopod, hand held. The bird really was really there. I focused on the building and breaking wave, so the bird is not razor sharp, but I make 24"x32" prints. The sky was a different exposure to add mood. In reality it was grey and foreboding, but I added a different, somewhat more dramatic sky. It was raining, but I accentuated it in photoshop. It has proven to be very popular. I have about 70 big, matted and framed prints in a local Bar & Restaurant here, and we being a barrier island resort town, I sell to visitors. In fact I just sold that image last week. I price reasonably, and do OK; it pays for the habit! That scene has changed dramatically, as the bay front is being rebuilt with condos, etc. Polly"s Dock is a magical place. If you would like to see more, please visit my web site, and look at the tag called "Polly's Dock". Many shots in all kinds of weather.
Best regards
Dave in NJ
Best
Dave
www.modernpictorials.com

tcdeveau

From my last shoot with dave.gt a couple weeks ago. This is with the X1D and 45mm. Sorry for posting the same vantage points over and over again but I haven't had much time to get out and about this summer :( I do have to say as much as I lust over an Achromatic back, I'm pretty happy with the B&W conversions I've been getting out of the X1D.
-Todd

7-4-18_0621 copy.jpg

Ed Hurst

Thanks ED,
Now this is important.
I am sure some of us or many of us would like to learn more about "your type of photography", and fortunately you are in UK,what do other UK enthusiasts feel about a meet up and declare ED as a teacher.
Any chanve of touring the country? I know its not that easy.
BL - I am truly flattered... Have been thinking I'd like to have a go at running workshops. Might be slightly tricky with having just relocated back to England with two young kids, but will probably do it if enough people are interested.

Thanks again!

Yours blushingly,
Ed

gurtch

I just dusted off my 645D. Have not used it in 2.5 years. I spent the better part of Sunday reading the two manuals, and playing with the camera. I have only one AF lens: the 45-85FA. The manual lenses I have (I just love the feel of these old beasts from my film days): 35mm, 75mm, 150mm, 200mm, 120 macro, 300mm f4A* with matched 1.4X converter, and a Pentax 645 55mm with adapter. I started looking at some of my older shots made with that camera and lenses. Here are a few:
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
D678 small jpg.jpgD646 framed.jpgD492 framed.jpgD493 framed.jpgD491 framed.jpgD554 framed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.