The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

It has been some time, since my last post. I have been busy working on a new website, the project is done.

This image is titled Aspens and Mountain Stream.

Steven

etrump

Beautiful Steven! We’re heading back to CO in September, do you have plans in place?

It has been some time, since my last post. I have been busy working on a new website, the project is done.

This image is titled Aspens and Mountain Stream.

Steven

stevenfr

Ed

Thanks for the kind feedback on this image. We were slated to go east to shoot maples, but my wife has tickets to see Beck in Red Rocks. I thought to go and shoot aspens, since we are in Colorado. It has been very dry, not sure how good a year it will be. I will also go east to shoot maples. I am still working on travel plans.

When I put up my new website, I examined how many aspen images I have in my portfolio and culled lots of amazing aspen images to the archive section. I had 243 panoramic aspen images on the old site. All medium format film from the Horseman or stitched from the Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven

Beautiful Steven! We’re heading back to CO in September, do you have plans in place?

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sometimes the image has its own ideas and takes over the processing. This is not what I was expecting.

56 Leonard St. X1D 45mm

--Matt

dave.gt

Sometimes the image has its own ideas and takes over the processing. This is not what I was expecting.

56 Leonard St. X1D 45mm

--Matt
Actually, Matt,

I think it is great!:)

You have already bonded with the X1 but your mind's eye is slower to catch up. I have been telling myself that same thing for years.
lol... I love that image.

Deltona

A recent image from a few days break on the Island of Jersey

La Corbiere Lighthouse, incoming high tide.

Pentax 645z, 35mm Nd Grad and CPL

_IMG7104.jpg

dave.gt

Fantastic, Nick!:):):)

Been missing your images lately and it is good to see the Z in your hands producing such beautiful work!:thumbup:

Deltona

Fantastic, Nick!:):):)

Been missing your images lately and it is good to see the Z in your hands producing such beautiful work!:thumbup:
Thanks Dave, it's been awhile since I picked the camera up, so much so, I had to re acquaint myself with many of it's features.
It was nice to get back on the horse :)

MGrayson

Actually, Matt,

I think it is great!:)

You have already bonded with the X1 but your mind's eye is slower to catch up. I have been telling myself that same thing for years.
lol... I love that image.
Thank you, Dave. The lesson I always take is that you have to have a camera (and lenses) with you at all times.

I was walking around with the 21mm and it was just too wide, so I put on the 45mm, which is a focal length I almost never use, and it was perfect. The big draw of the X1D for me is that the body and even 3 or 4 lenses are still light enough to carry everywhere.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

etrump

Aspen details are obviously something you resonate with Steven. The works are superb and inspire me to stretch my vision considering I have less then a half-dozen in my portfolio. Best wishes for a colorful fall.

Ed
Ed

Thanks for the kind feedback on this image. We were slated to go east to shoot maples, but my wife has tickets to see Beck in Red Rocks. I thought to go and shoot aspens, since we are in Colorado. It has been very dry, not sure how good a year it will be. I will also go east to shoot maples. I am still working on travel plans.

When I put up my new website, I examined how many aspen images I have in my portfolio and culled lots of amazing aspen images to the archive section. I had 243 panoramic aspen images on the old site. All medium format film from the Horseman or stitched from the Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven

stevenfr

Thanks Ed. Hopefully, we meet up again. I have a lot of years into shooting aspens.

Aspen details are obviously something you resonate with Steven. The works are superb and inspire me to stretch my vision considering I have less then a half-dozen in my portfolio. Best wishes for a colorful fall.

Ed

D&A

To think how many times in the distant past I was out that way (for unrelated activities and work) and rarely if ever shot the Aspens. Missed opportunities. Lovely work Steven.

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

The big draw of the X1D for me is that the body and even 3 or 4 lenses are still light enough to carry everywhere.
Well, with the weight you save in your wallet and the loss of a kidney, you can just carry more. Just imagine what you can carry when you give your right arm...

stevenfr

Thanks Dave. The intimate aspens are so much fun to shoot. Its like a puzzle trying to find the exact spot, where the trees have a pattern to make an interesting composition in the chaos of the forest. Once finding the spot getting the right colour, light, and wind conditions is the challenge. Of course you can also combine the mountains with the trees to make large vista images.

You should make it for this years autumn. The aspen trees grow from the Yukon all the way to New Mexico.

I was not going to shoot them this year, until my wife surprised me with Beck tickets at Red Rocks. Its not like I need more aspen shots.

To think how many times in the distant past I was out that way (for unrelated activities and work) and rarely if ever shot the Aspens. Missed opportunities. Lovely work Steven.

Dave (D&A)

D

Deleted member 7792

Well, with the weight you save in your wallet and the loss of a kidney, you can just carry more. Just imagine what you can carry when you give your right arm...

You can be banned for discouraging irrational exuberance in this forum. You've been cautioned. :ROTFL:

Joe

Shashin

You can be banned for discouraging irrational exuberance in this forum. You've been cautioned. :ROTFL:

Joe
Who is being irrational?

(Or, maybe to put it another way, hasn't that cow left the barn? And I found the door open when I got here...)

MGrayson

Joe
Oh, I don't think he's being discouraging. I think he's suggesting I add an XF/3100 or H6D-100c. Right, Will? :facesmack:

:chug:

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.