The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

This is the result of 3-drops (red, blue and green) in a pool of colored water. Fuji GFX 50s, GF120mm, 3-flashes (one directly over top) f/11 blub mode (1-second) ISO 400.

D

Deleted member 7792

"Abandoned", Saskatchewan. Rollei 6008 on 120 Kodachrome. I loved that film!
Wonderful, Bill. :thumbup: The composition, soft tones, sense of depth, and subject matter all appeal. Reminds me of Andrew Wyeth's "Christina's World", one of my favorite paintings.

Joe

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Rolling Shutters and Spinning Fans

The X1D does allow for one of my favorite artifacts. Scanning backs do a really marvelous job. The math isn't complicated (followup post).

Best,

Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
<:lecture:>
So what are those shapes made by scanning backs or rolling shutters photographing windmills or fans? It's easier on the brain to think of the scan as going left to right, then we have x = a*t, where t is time (t = 0 is the center of the frame) and a is the scanning speed. But the fan is a radial line y = slope*x, where slope = Tan(b*t - c), where b is the angular speed and c is the angle at time t=0. Substituting t = x/a, we get y = x*Tan((b/a)*x - c), or y = x*Tan(d*x - c), where d is the ratio of angular velocity to scanning speed.

Plot those functions for a fixed value of d and different values for c and you get the curves (turned 90 degrees) that appear in the above pictures.

</:lecture:>,

Matt

Craig Stocks

Some light painting at Brunet Island State Park in Wisconsin. The majority of the light is from me walking on a path along the left side of the inlet while holding a light wand. Additional frames were captured and combined by using the camera's timelapse tool while I walked around with the light wand and an LED flashlight. I then chose and combined frames in Photoshop. The original sky was late blue hour with quite a few stars but not very dramatic so I substituted a sky image from a week earlier. Phase One XF / IQ 3100 with 35mm BR.

Don Libby

some light painting at brunet island state park in wisconsin. The majority of the light is from me walking on a path along the left side of the inlet while holding a light wand. Additional frames were captured and combined by using the camera's timelapse tool while i walked around with the light wand and an led flashlight. I then chose and combined frames in photoshop. The original sky was late blue hour with quite a few stars but not very dramatic so i substituted a sky image from a week earlier. Phase one xf / iq 3100 with 35mm br.
wow!!!

dave.gt

Rolling Shutters and Spinning Fans

The X1D does allow for one of my favorite artifacts. Scanning backs do a really marvelous job. The math isn't complicated (followup post).

Best,

Matt
What a long, strange trip it's been....:thumbs: Cool! Astonishingly so....

stngoldberg

This is a massive Beech tree..well over 50 yards high and wide..located in the back yard of ‘The Elms” mansion in Newport
After photographing this tree on multiple occasions, I admit my inability to adequately capture it’s presence.
Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.