The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Some light painting at Brunet Island State Park in Wisconsin. The majority of the light is from me walking on a path along the left side of the inlet while holding a light wand. Additional frames were captured and combined by using the camera's timelapse tool while I walked around with the light wand and an LED flashlight. I then chose and combined frames in Photoshop. The original sky was late blue hour with quite a few stars but not very dramatic so I substituted a sky image from a week earlier. Phase One XF / IQ 3100 with 35mm BR.

Brilliant result, Craig. Love it. Would be fascinated to know - did you do some elaborate masking to allow you to drop the different sky in?

Don Libby

Just had to try this combination of a Fuji GFX50s, GF120, 1.4 extender and 45mm macro tube. Handheld, f/8, 1/160 ISO 160.

Craig Stocks

Brilliant result, Craig. Love it. Would be fascinated to know - did you do some elaborate masking to allow you to drop the different sky in?
Nothing especially elaborate. I did a color range selection of the blue to get started and then painted black and white in overlay mode to refine the mask. Lastly I copied the edges of the trees and pasted it on a separate layer above in Darken blend mode to fill in. The same technique works with hair too.

M

mjr

Morning

Had so little time for personal photography recently, forced myself out for half an hour this morning with a billion mosquitoes for company, nice! A quick shot for fun on my walk to the river.

M

mjr

Another from this morning, last one, promise!

This part of the footpath is really dark, wanted to keep that feel with a simple black and white, just lifted the greens, I think it works. I must say I have been messing around a lot with the focus stacking on the GFX and it's fantastic, love the fact it returns to the start focus point, super easy for bracketing and stuff, PS even put this together perfectly which I wasn't expecting. Anyway, will shut up now, here's the pic.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Today you are regarded to be old , when you are 30 and over and you get a seat offered in public transport .

dave.gt

Hmmm. Life is kind of like a zoom lens in a way. When I got my first one, at a very young age, I kept using it on >50mm up to telephoto lengths. Never thought about moving around with my feet and certainly didn't zoom out for a wider perspective. I had a fixed opinion on what and how to "see".

Looking back I was also myopic and, as typical for my peers, I was also prone to stereotype people.

These days, I know that people are unique individuals every step along the way and I am simply grateful to meet them where they are in life. Age never enters into my thinking anymore, nor do demographics, health or many stereotypical factors, in general.

That is why seeing the email early this morning that a post was made about an old man hiking a mountain caused me to open the post and I was jarred at the sight of a normal looking adult, an individual, walking in a beautiful mountainous scene. My surprise was jarring, as I had expected something much different than the normal motif pictured.

The "lens" view for me is and was through a much wider life perspective than the simple use of the word "old" which made no connection with me, but that is just me, I am sure.

Perhaps, I would have described the image in terms of a "walk above the clouds" because it is a lovely sight.;)

Nice image.:)

Well done!!!

Last edited:

canuxr

Hmmm. Life is kind of like a zoom lens in a way. When I got my first one, at a very young age, I kept using it on >50mm up to telephoto lengths. Never thought about moving around with my feet and certainly didn't zoom out for a wider perspective. I had a fixed opinion on what and how to "see".

Looking back I was also myopic and, as typical for my peers, I was also prone to stereotype people.

These days, I know that people are unique individuals every step along the way and I am simply grateful to meet them where they are in life. Age never enters into my thinking anymore, nor do demographics, health or many stereotypical factors, in general.

That is why seeing the email early this morning that a post was made about an old man hiking a mountain caused me to open the post and I was jarred at the sight of a normal looking adult, an individual, walking in a beautiful mountainous scene. My surprise was jarring, as I had expected something much different than the normal motif pictured.

The "lens" view for me is and was through a much wider life perspective than the simple use of the word "old" which made no connection with me, but that is just me, I am sure.

Perhaps, I would have described the image in terms of a "walk above the clouds" because it is a lovely sight.;)

Nice image.:)

Well done!!!
I did not mean it in a bad way. I did not give importance to the title and wrote the first thing that came to mind. I apologize.

Ill try to come up with better titles, I'm terrible at it. :grin:

I shot this last Sunday. The guy is 65 years old. He was hiking with our group, we all are between 20 to 40 years old. We were all doing a tough hike with backpacks, 5 liters of water, hiking gear, etc. This guy hiked in jeans and a shirt for 8.5 hours with just 2 liters of water in 37C temps and did it better than most of us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.