The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancook

XCD 90mm .. seems a little softer are f32, I think I'm seeing diffraction.. but I'm not buying the 120 macro :) and I don't want to use my A9 + 90mm macro..

Also focus stacking? I haven't got a macro slider.

This is the first image, just trying things out - learning

Sunflower by dancook1982, on Flickr

M

mjr

Afternoon

Took a quick wander yesterday between jobs, nice and peaceful in the forest.

vjbelle

I haven't posted in a while so thought I would try a little macro work with the GFX and Actus. I am amazed at how versatile this compact system is. I always set the rear standard so that the focus rail is at the (2.5 +/-) mm mark for infinity which gives some room to focus beyond infinity. This setup allows for 1:2 with the 120mm Schneider Asph. I'm at the end of the rail with maybe 5mm left of room.

GFX, Actus, 200mm belows, short rail, 120mm Schneider Asph, single shot f11.

Cheers......

Victor

Attachments

dave.gt

VJ,
Is that a Vinca? Beautiful image of those flowers....:)

Beautiful images as usual, thanks to everyone posting and sharing their fun with MF images!

dave.gt

My contributions have slowed for a number of reasons lately, partly because of a Dreadnought. The H5D had only enough charge left for a single image, so here it is:

H5D-50c + 80mm, Handheld:
Martin D JR August 11, 2018 FINAL BW Vignette.jpg

vjbelle

Dave...... yes Vinca's. We have two beds incorporated into our hardscape and this year I devoted both to annuals which include lots of Vinca's. They do require close attention to watering but I have the time and it's a labor of love anyway. You and I are in somewhat close proximity latitude and longitude wise so you know all about this heat and watering.

Victor

M

mjr

Enjoy the Martin Dave, I have a handful of guitars, my old Martin is by my desk at all times! It has been around the world with me, including a couple of years in the Antarctic, it's covered in wear marks and dings, all made by me, love the way it tells a story. Have a nice 12 string Taylor too as well as a really nice acoustic lapsteel, none of which I do justice too!

Mat

dave.gt

Dave...... yes Vinca's. We have two beds incorporated into our hardscape and this year I devoted both to annuals which include lots of Vinca's. They do require close attention to watering but I have the time and it's a labor of love anyway. You and I are in somewhat close proximity latitude and longitude wise so you know all about this heat and watering.

Victor
Yes, I love those and wish I could keep up with more than a few hanging baskets! They are lovely to have around and our trailing Vincas look great, unless I forget to water them, then I have to catch up. Ours are pink:

Hasselblad H5D + 80mm + close up filters:
Vinca 1 Macro FINAL.jpg

Vinca 2 Macro FINAL.jpg

I just love the rendering of the 120mm lens. Wish I could afford one!!!

dave.gt

Yesterday's thunderstorm was a good test of my reflexes and the camera's speed. I couldn't get any lightning with the X1D, but got a few with the S(007)+24/3.5. I'm not as used to the Hassy, so I'm not blaming the camera.

Meanwhile, an over-photographed building with the X1D+21/4

Best,

Matt
Matt,

I have been a little slow lately, apologies. I really like the results of your 21mm lens. Keep going like you are, spectacular!:thumbs:

dave.gt

Enjoy the Martin Dave, I have a handful of guitars, my old Martin is by my desk at all times! It has been around the world with me, including a couple of years in the Antarctic, it's covered in wear marks and dings, all made by me, love the way it tells a story. Have a nice 12 string Taylor too as well as a really nice acoustic lapsteel, none of which I do justice too!

Mat
Thank you, Mat!

Martins are special aren't they? :thumbs: Would love to see some photos of yours! :grin:

vjbelle

Dave..... this is the small hardscape bed where the Vinca's have their home. Requires a fair amount of tending to. There is an identical bed just behind me when shooting this.

GFX, 45mm lens.

Cheers.....

Victor

Attachments

dave.gt

Those Vincas are perfect where you have them.... I am now inspired to do something similar next Spring!! Thanks for sharing...:thumbup:

dancook

X1D + 30mm + 90mm for this first shot.

Took the dog for a walk on some MOD land nearby...

This first house, I saw this and though - what price do I need to shoot weddings at before I can afford somewhere like this! It's good to dream big :D

Caeser's Camp by dancook1982, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.