The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Enjoy the Martin Dave, I have a handful of guitars, my old Martin is by my desk at all times! It has been around the world with me, including a couple of years in the Antarctic, it's covered in wear marks and dings, all made by me, love the way it tells a story. Have a nice 12 string Taylor too as well as a really nice acoustic lapsteel, none of which I do justice too!

Mat
Wow! Not only around the world, but a couple of years in the Antarctic! And here I have been fussy with the humidity level in the house. I would love to see those character marks on your old Martin!

Maybe next year (I can dream, right?) will be the year I make it to Nazareth for a factory tour! A pilgrimage of sorts. And the 12th annual Martin on Main musical festival. What a fun time that must be with a MF camera in hand!:)

For love of Martin guitars, musicians jam on Nazareth's Main Street - The Morning Call

https://m.facebook.com/martinonmain/

biglouis

Been a Gibson man, for most of my life (with the occasional Martin relapse). GFX/32-64

Maybe we should start a thread 'fun with MF images and my guitar'

dave.gt

Been a Gibson man, for most of my life (with the occasional Martin relapse). GFX/32-64

Maybe we should start a thread 'fun with MF images and my guitar'
Sweet guitar! Nice photo! :) I love Gibsons, too! Ah, there are so many and I was thinking about a thread like that! I must get busy and try a hand at color images fast, though!

:thumbs:

biglouis

Sweet guitar! Nice photo! :) I love Gibsons, too! Ah, there are so many and I was thinking about a thread like that! I must get busy and try a hand at color images fast, though!

:thumbs:
Cameras can be satisfying to use but a good guitar will always be something very special, imho.

LouisB

ejpeiker

The Fog rolls off of the Pacific through the saddle in Point Reyes and into Drakes Bay at sunrise.
Point Reyes National Seashore, California
P1 XF-IQ3100, 40-80mm @ 80mm, ISO 50, f/11, 1/13s

CA_PointReyes03.jpg

M

mjr

Just for fun, giving a 10 year old complete artistic control! She decided on light, her pose, the hat and had very clear ideas on how the finished image should look. Very interesting process!

stngoldberg

Newport has very aggressive laws regarding these historic treasures. Basically the outside of the house must retain its original appearance...for example storm windows are prohibited
This was the Cotton family home built in 1720

Stanley

stngoldberg

This style porch was common architecture in the 1700’s when Newport neighborhoods were developed. There are hundreds of these, and I enjoy photographing them with good light
Stanley

Shashin

Rehearsing to save the youth of America in 1989. (If you don't understand, then the explanation will not help)

A bit of background: Billy is reading a copy of The Lorax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.