The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

B L

This is the SE side of this 1820 circa home on 3rd street in Newport. I’m curious about the wire outside of the house connected to the 2nd floor and the basement.
Is it internet,television or something else?
Stanley
Do you think its a temporary washing line?! Fine picture.

stngoldberg

This is the SE side of this 1820 circa home on 3rd street in Newport. I’m curious about the wire outside of the house connected to the 2nd floor and the basement.
Is it internet,television or something else?
Stanley
Do you think its a temporary washing line?! Fine picture.
It’s an electrical wire for sure
I liked the shadow from the streetlight on the left side of the house
Stanley

ejpeiker

Time for another Western Australia Aerial shot. Here is a straight down look at the King river where it doubles back on itself creating a semi-abstract straight down shot opportunity...

P1 XF-IQ3100, 80mm, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/2500s

AUS_Wyndham15.jpg

stngoldberg

Camera positioned on the cliff walk facing Northeast toward the Sakonnet Point light during the early morning.
300mm Hasselblad lens on the P1 back
Stanley

dave.gt

Autumn in these parts is just around corner, and we are still around with yet another opportunity to enjoy life with the beauty of nature in all its bountiful color this October. It will be my first experience with MF in the wilds of the Smokies.:)

But shooting is not the main reason for going there. It is our wedding anniversary celebration as with each year. I am grateful for having yet another day "to try to get it right" in this life. As we enter the Autumn of our lives together, time is short, and we must make the best of it.

Who knows? Maybe I will come back with a good image to remind us of our good fortune and the love we have shared for so many years.

Now if only I can plan for a morning shoot somewhere to capture the essence of our time in the Great Smoky Mountains... What? Where? When?

In the meantime, I will be busy preparing for the trip. Any suggestions for Fun with MF in the mountains would be greatly appreciated.:thumbup:

M

mjr

We have colour here too, a little early this year but the sky is just about dark enough to capture the first aurora of the season the other night. Not a great shot at all but bodes well for the season. Ironically I was out looking for some new locations to shoot from, get bored of the same old thing with aurora shots, found some great places only to capture this on the way home, should have waited longer at the river, would have been great! Oh well, always next time.

I experimented with simply setting the focus at infinity on the GFX focus indicator, just to see how close it is to getting the stars sharp, worked perfectly without having to zoom in and focus manually, pretty easy!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I'm assembling my first show. Framing is such a pain! All ten prints are 40" on the long edge. Here's the first:

Ok, that was a four shot panorama with the Leica Q, but everything else is Leica S or Hassy X1D.

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.