The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Western Brook Pond, Newfoundland. 645Z, 45-85mm pano.

Untitled_Panorama1 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
That is a blast from the past. My wife and I spend a month in the Gros Morne area. We actually camped at the end of Western Brook Pond for a night. It was so still and quiet the next morning. We hiked up to the ridge at the end of the fjord. Gros Morne is such an amazing place. The food on the other hand...

dave.gt

Stan,

It is always a pleasure to check this forum and see where your camera has taken you. Just wanted you to know you are much appreciated for sharing your work. Love it!:thumbup:

tsjanik

That is a blast from the past. My wife and I spend a month in the Gros Morne area. We actually camped at the end of Western Brook Pond for a night. It was so still and quiet the next morning. We hiked up to the ridge at the end of the fjord. Gros Morne is such an amazing place. The food on the other hand...
Yes, a lovely and unique area and the people we met were wonderful. As for the food, the cod was excellent and additional cod was good.... We spoke with some young people who want to promote seal meat for a variety of reasons, but they say it's as good as beef.

dancook

Using both XCD30mm and XCD90mm on the X1D for live music

Shooting at f3.2/f3.5 - 1/60th - ISO 3200

Fiery Bird by dancook1982, on Flickr

Fiery Bird Acoustic Sessions by dancook1982, on Flickr

Last edited:

stngoldberg

We are retired:

Park bench for the day ....check
Lunch............................check
Drinks for the day............check
Umbrella to avoid sun......check
Time to enjoy life............check

Stanley

dave.gt

We are retired:

Park bench for the day ....check
Lunch............................check
Drinks for the day............check
Umbrella to avoid sun......check
Time to enjoy life............check

Stanley
Is that what I am doing wrong? I am batting zero...
So simple!:thumbup:
And still impossible.

stngoldberg

Hi Dave,
I’m enjoying my retirement finding images that interest me almost daily here in Newport. The light here is magical
For some reason, I just can’t find the same combination of light and form in Florida. It must some form of “writers block” on my part
Stanley

dave.gt

Hi Dave,
I’m enjoying my retirement finding images that interest me almost daily here in Newport. The light here is magical
For some reason, I just can’t find the same combination of light and form in Florida. It must some form of “writers block” on my part
Stanley
Your images clearly show exquisite light! I think it is definitely different, probably related to many factors like temperature, particulates of all kinds, gasses, and wind factors. I noticed a completely different light in Savannah as well. It is so gorgeous that I am tempted to pick up a 35 Summilux and borrow a digital M to capture the light and color I experienced years ago, if that is even possible.

You have found a light magnet that draws you like a moth to the flame.:):):)

dave.gt

Ed,

Thank you for this as we haven't been to St. Paul's since 1999. This gorgeous image brings back great memories!:):):)

B L

Sir Christopher Wren's 17th century St Paul's Cathedral in London. Would you believe that, until 1967, this was the tallest building in London?

I dont know how you do it man but it is a super photo. I dont mind looking at this photo again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.