The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarnian

On the lens, I set the aperture to what I think I need for depth of field. Then, I put the camera on Aperture Priority (Av) and let the camera choose the ShutterSpeed.

Hi Rafael,

I managed to get some good in-focus shots today by using the Focus Mark method, i.e. " < o > " in the viewfinder. This is explained on page 36 of the Mamiya DF+ manual. Now my struggle is getting the correct exposure as I can't set the aperture on the camera as it just has "--". I focus with the lens at f5.6 (to get a brighter picture) but then stop the lens down to f14 for my picture. Most - if not all - of my photos are coming out underexposed. Luckily, the P65+ has quite good exposure latitude and I can compensate in post processing.

I'm persisting with the Samyang as it is a unique and impressive conversion.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi Rafael,

I managed to get some good in-focus shots today by using the Focus Mark method, i.e. " < o > " in the viewfinder. This is explained on page 36 of the Mamiya DF+ manual. Now my struggle is getting the correct exposure as I can't set the aperture on the camera as it just has "--". I focus with the lens at f5.6 (to get a brighter picture) but then stop the lens down to f14 for my picture. Most - if not all - of my photos are coming out underexposed. Luckily, the P65+ has quite good exposure latitude and I can compensate in post processing.

I'm persisting with the Samyang as it is a unique and impressive conversion.
Yeah, I've seen the <o> in my viewfinder, and it also beeps ...
The aperture is set on the lens in my case. I also get the -- since there is no data exchange between the lens and the camera. But, with the stopdown metering, exposure comes out satisfactory in my case ...

C U,
Rafael

Sarnian

Yeah, I've seen the <o> in my viewfinder, and it also beeps ...
The aperture is set on the lens in my case. I also get the -- since there is no data exchange between the lens and the camera. But, with the stopdown metering, exposure comes out satisfactory in my case ...

C U,
Rafael
Ah, good to know. My DF+ doesn't beep in Manual mode but does when I have an autofocus lens on. I'll try stopdown metering.

Thanks again.

Mark

pesto

We have lots of fun critters down here in Paradise, not just gators. This fellow has been in our back yard for years and follows us around like a dog when we are working with our plants and trees...good company if nothing else.

Fuji GF X 50 / 250mm with 1.4x .

20180918 Coons_10 1.jpg

Last edited:
Another one from the portrait session with the rare Gibson guitar. I've also included a behind the scenes shot. Not sure if that is OK in this forum. If not, I can remove it.

Both images shot with a Hasselblad H5D-40 with a 80mm f/2.8 lens at f/2.8, ISO 200 lit with a Profoto B1X camera left into a 90cm umbrella softbox.

B_8407495_SM.jpg
B_8407514_SM.jpg

Sarnian

M

mjr

It's definitely Autumn here now!

My last wander about and post for some time as I head back to Iraq for a while, the joys of which will probably go undocumented this time. I hope everyone has an excellent winter wherever you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.