The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

My last wander about and post for some time as I head back to Iraq for a while, the joys of which will probably go undocumented this time.
Mat, I assume that is not because playing shuffle board next to the hotel pool is too competitive to have the time to photograph. Take care and be safe, and that goes for everyone you work with.

f6cvalkyrie

My MF lens kit is approaching completion, so far I got the Mamiya MF 50/4 Shift, the 80/2.8 AF P1, the Mamiya MF 210/4 and 300/4.5 APO AF
Expecting the Mamiya 120/4 Macro early next week, and than I'm done ...

I had a test about the pano shooting with the 50 Shift ... works very well ... 2 shots to get a 28mm equivalent FOV (35mm related) ... great ...

C U,
Rafael

gmfotografie

@ndwgolf

as i said on FB - he really looks like Jimi Hendrix... Like the picture - as I ´m a great fan of Jimi ;-)
(I have to take my Fender again - and the VOX Wah ... Voodoo Child - (slight return)

Some forums say, digital backs they don't like symmetrical design or old lenses. I tried to do something else. I got the oldest lens, RARE 1920s uncoated Schneider 12,5cm F-2.0, mounted in Copal-3 shutter. Linhof 4x5 camera, sliding digital back 6x12, Leaf Aptus 75s.

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

MF are probably not the most suited gear for "reportage" jobs, but still, I enjoyed using my P1 kit during the annual fair in our village ...

Both shot with the 80/2.8 AF lens

C U,
Rafael

Iskander

Here's a low resolution image on what my converted Samyang 24mm T/S (now non-T/S) coverage looks like. It gives the equivalent of a 15mm lens in 35mm terms. A full-size image is on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aml5xwrvv5l3wbb/Samyang%2024%20non-TS%20equivalent%20to%20c15mm%20CF006109.jpg?dl=0

I'm getting better at nailing focus and it can go sharper in the foreground. Quite impressive for such a small lens on a full-frame MFDB!

View attachment 136261

Phase One P65+ @ ISO 50, f11, 1/125 handheld.
That´s very interesting. Probably the Samyang is a good choice for my X1D too. Do you have more examples?

regards
Michael

dave.gt

It is now Autumn, 2018, and this was our last Vinca. Reflecting on the words of Walt Whitman, it did not exist in vain

"There was a child went forth every day,
And the first object he looked upon and received with wonder or pity or love or dread, that object he became,
And that object became part of him for the day or a certain part of the day . . . . or for many years or stretching cycles of years."

I decided that the tiny flower deserved to be captured if for no other reason than its simple beauty.

Hasselblad H5D, 80mm lens with closeup lens + Velvia:
Heavenly Vinca FINAL August 2018.jpg

Last edited:

Grayhand

Xpan, 90mm

I have been using a Xpan part time since this spring, parallel with my 903SWC.
It´s negative is wider than what I get from my 6x6 Hasselblad negative, so a real medium format camera!

I have always seen the world, part time, in elongated strips of light.
When using the Xpan, there is no easy way out as it is with my 6x6 cameras, that can be cut to different proportions if you fail with the 6x6.
With the Xpan you have to thing wide!

Digitalized with 501CM, 120 macro and CFV50C.

Ray

f6cvalkyrie

With the arrival of the Mamiya 120/4 Macro I bought on Ebay, my MF lens desires are fulfilled (for the time being, but don't tell my SWMBO ...)
Lens on the camera, camera on the tripod, and into the garden for some first shots ... although it is a little windy here in Belgium ...

These came out, after processing in Capture One ...

I'm also quite happy with the bokeh of this lens ...

C U
Rafael

Last edited:

biglouis

Two images using a GFX50s + GF45/2.8 from the observation deck of London's BT Tower (formerly the GPO Tower). The deck has only been opened once each year in the last two years for the London Open House event and my wife and I were lucky enough to get two tickets in the draw. Handheld and taken through glass (obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.