The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdeveau

Sacrilegious! When taking pics of my dogs & cats, personal ethics tells me to go no further than a full frame 35mm digital camera. Otherwise using anything more esoteric like MFD will go to their heads and they'll start demanding extra treats (residuals) in order to sit still :).

Dave (D&A)
Haha. One of our cats somehow figured out how to get on its hind legs and beg for treats, but learned how to do so long before the X1D was ever in the picture haha. I thought about posting a pic but decided I’d spare everyone :)

I found a decent deal on a used Fuji X-E3 and 56mm 1.2 earlier this summer that I picked up for cat pics (really for baby/family pics - my wife is due on the 14th of this month) so have been using that for the most part ever since for that kinda thing. Wouldn’t want it to go to my begging cat’s head more than it already has after all.

That being said, my wife (who was also a photographer once upon a time) has hinted at ditching her Fuji X-T1 for a D810, so we may need to get more treats for cats and baby if that happens :p
-Todd

Ed Hurst

I originally intended this picture to be part of my 'new and old side-by-side' series, with The Shard behind Tower Bridge. But, you know, sometimes the scene is just telling you to make the composition a bit cleaner... So I positioned myself with the Shard hidden behind the nearer tower...

Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm lens @ 29mm.

[/url]IMGP8408_Step10FlatSpotSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

dave.gt

Oh, my... it has been such a long time since we were in London. So many memories that now are more like a dream. Love the POV, and the colors are gorgeous!:):):)

Ed Hurst

At the moment, there's major work going on at the Houses of Parliament in London. The tower usually referred to (wrongly) as Big Ben - actually called The Elizabeth Tower (previously The Clock Tower and St. Stephen's Tower) - has scaffolding all over it.

Rather than seeing this as a problem, I wanted to use it to create an eerie, sinister mood... The looming presence of a glow in the sky, the mixture of the familiar and the weirdly jarring. Somehow more interesting than yet another version of the usual shot...

Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm lens @ 39mm.

[/url]IMGP8352_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

dave.gt

Autumn arrived in recent days with the annual dormancy of the grass surrounding our little home. As I stood and looked out the window of our back door, I saw the glorious light of the morning sun illuminating the roses in our garden. The old guard, giving way to the young shoots, has reached the end of its time. The withering roses must give way to the towering plant growth that endures the ever-changing world in our backyard. The cycle of life continues.

H5D 80/2.8:
Autumn Mr. Lincoln 1 2018.jpg

tsjanik

Reworked image. Spring ice melt on Lake Eire. The black shapes are remnants of ice mounds; as they melt, any embedded sand and stones collect on the surface, hence the black color. 645Z, 35mm A

Attachments

Quentin_Bargate

Very nice processing Quentin - what processing software are you favouring atm?
Thanks, Peter. You may be surprised to know its Silkypix 9 pro, with some further tweaking in Photoshop. Once one has battled past the odd interface, it’s very capable software. And it also handles Pentax K1 pixel shift files.

Status
Not open for further replies.