The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Picked the right week to visit the Tetons. Cliche'd shot of Moulton Barn but, hey, it's my cliche'd shot :)

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

French Bicycle. GFX 50S, 32-64mmF/4 @F/8, 1/250 sec, ISO100. Processed in SilkyPix 9, and Photoshop B&W conversion using Nik Siver Efex Pro 2

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I wasn't going to post any pictures from my current trip to Iraq, but found myself in West Mosul this morning, scene of the last stand by Isis and some of the most unbelievable destruction I have ever seen.

It's a pretty dangerous place, lots of booby traps, ied's and a general smell of unpleasant things rotting under the rubble. Not very artistic shots, more a documentary feel.

Quentin_Bargate

So, last week I concluded a pretty epic trip with my wife in my Jaguar F-Type SVR convertible, travelling through France to the Monaco Yacht Show (on business, I hasten to add), starting in Calais, to Troyes, Beaune, Chateuneuf Du Pape, Antibes and so to Monaco, then back a few days later via Carcassonne, Bordeaux, Chenonceau, Rouen and then to Calais. Not much room for camera gear, or time to use it, but I still managed to take the GFX50S, Canon 24mm TSE and Cambo adapter and 120mm F/4 Maco, and lightweight tripod. Here is a slightly pretentious self-portait with the F-Type taken during the trip :rolleyes: taken with the GFX 50S and 32-64mm, my most used lens. Some 2,500 miles driven on fast French motorways, with fab food and wine along the way. We had a blast!

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

This shot of a church in Troyes shows the limits of using the Canon 24mm TSE lens + Cambo adapter on the Fuji GFX50S at maximum shift in portait orientation. Some smearing is evident in the top part of the spire, but its not too bad. Converted in SilkyPix 9, and B&W converted in Photoshop using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 and slightly toned. It was fairly early in the morning before there were not many people about. The Canon 24mm TSE was set at about F/11, ISO100, 1/125 Sec.

AlanS

Bloody hell Quentin, I would have taken the D roads and spent at least a week driving each way with that tool! :D

Quentin_Bargate

Bloody hell Quentin, I would have taken the D roads and spent at least a week driving each way with that tool! :D
Ahh, Alan, but I had stuff to do in Monaco, and food and wine to guzzle on the way! Still I managed to shoot some decent images (and enjoy driving the awesomely fast Jag too) along the way!

AlanS

Well life is a bitch sometimes! :ROTFL:
If you need a chauffeur next time you have to go just give me a shout. I know lots of really good roads (tour Europe every year on the bike) and I work for beer and baguettes (retired now)! :thumbs:

Shashin

Tsukiji Fish Market officially ended business today. When I was living in Tokyo in the 90s, I was fortunate to photograph the place over time.

A tuna auctioneer

A wholesaler slicing up a tuna from the morning auction. Maguro is the Japanese word for tuna.

By early afternoon, the place is deserted.

The images were taken with either a Mamiya C220 or Mamiya 6.

GrahamWelland

Tsukiji Fish Market officially ended business today.
Very sad. I shot it back in 2001/2002 One very early morning and have been hoping to return but knew of the relocation. I think that I have a very similar shot of the frozen tuna room and auctions. Certainly a very (early!!) unique experience.

Sushi/shashimi for breakfast at a ‘late’ 8am was similarly memorable.

M

mjr

Morning

Another shot from yesterday in Mosul. It's hot, wearing body armour is a necessity plus the GFX and 3 lenses means it's pretty tough going with all the external issues, but I just love this camera. One of our security team, good guys.

GrahamWelland

Just saw a great video about how ISIS destroyed the temple of Jonah but as a side effect opened up more archeological sites that they couldn’t loot.

Mosul = Minerva. Very sad.

M

mjr

We live in particularly fuc*ed up times for sure.

Here's a cleared suicide vest in the foreground

And yet, just 1 street away, people are opening shops amongst the rubble and daily life is starting to grow, the resilience of normal people never fails to impress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.