The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I have been a huge Boston Red Sox fan my entire life; i’m currently celebrating their victory last evening elevating them to the World Series against a team to be decided in the next few days.
Mookie Betts will most likely be named the MVP (most valuable player) in the American League this year
Attached is a photo that I took of him this year in a spring training game vs the Houston Astros in West Palm Beach
Hasselblad 300mm lens with a 1.7 extender mounted on a phase back.
I brought my monopod to the game to use for this image, but it was confiscated at the entrance (I retrieved it after the game).
As a result, I took this image using the rear edge of the dugout for stability, with the mirror up at 1/800 sec.
Stanley
Stan

Surprised about them taking the monopod . I photographed Spring Training for almost 10 years up in Jupiter at Roger Dean Stadium (not far from West Palm ) . Was allowed to take my 400 or even 600 on a monopod over my shoulder . Used to wait for the Red Sox game (one per season ) .....even shot a game focused only on Red Sox fans with my M gear .

Roger

dave.gt

As usual, you guys make my early mornings a little better posting your fun on this thread. My apologies for not keeping up as much as I would like in responding to the beautiful images. They are always wonderful and inspiring.

The few images I manage lately are therapeutic at best and that is about all one can expect when looking out the window of one's back door as so many hours have passed while doing so over the last decade.

The pergola above was a distraction to attempt a long exposure with a rare and brief rain shower. The morning was unsuccessful at the lake with solid grey skies and no wind. Sigh... but the last rose next to the pergola from a few days ago reminded me that all things are transient. Take from that what you will.

Autumn Yellow Rose FINAL Oct 2018.jpg

stngoldberg

Stan

Surprised about them taking the monopod . I photographed Spring Training for almost 10 years up in Jupiter at Roger Dean Stadium (not far from West Palm ) . Was allowed to take my 400 or even 600 on a monopod over my shoulder . Used to wait for the Red Sox game (one per season ) .....even shot a game focused only on Red Sox fans with my M gear .

Roger
Yes, I also was permitted the use of my tripod at Roger Dean Stadium; for whatever reason the policy at the new Houston Astros Stadium is different.
Stanley

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Charcoal Kilns from a tougher age. Near Leadore/Nichola ID. They built these to support the gold mines of 1886-1889, originally 16 of them in pretty much the middle of nowhere, staffed by up to 200 people at their short-lived peak.

D

Deleted member 7792

Charcoal Kilns from a tougher age. Near Leadore/Nichola ID. They built these to support the gold mines of 1886-1889, originally 16 of them in pretty much the middle of nowhere, staffed by up to 200 people at their short-lived peak.
Graham, the color palette and detail in your image are stunning. Best viewed at 100% resolution, I found myself just staring and scrolling around the photo. Well done by you. Thanks for sharing both the photo and the story.

Joe

f6cvalkyrie

Farmer's Lake in the Domaine Solvay, La Hulpe, Belgium

P1 DF with Mamiya 50/4 Shift and P30+
Processed in Color Efex Pro 4

C U,
Rafael

GrahamWelland

Graham, the color palette and detail in your image are stunning. Best viewed at 100% resolution, I found myself just staring and scrolling around the photo. Well done by you. Thanks for sharing both the photo and the story.

Joe
Thanks Joe - I prefer to shoot pre or post sunrise/sunset which imparts it’s own subtle soft palette that I like. I’m glad that you liked it too.

Chasing sunrise & sunsets for the trophy sun bursts etc leave me cold these days. I’ll take the alpine glow any time.

Btw, regarding sharpness, I don’t add anything in raw processing from C1 and then drop the TIFF into PS and use your frame script to scale to 2k and then drop my signature png on top.

Last edited:

algrove

Thanks Joe - I prefer to shoot pre or post sunrise/sunset which imparts it’s own subtle soft palette that I like. I’m glad that you liked it too.

Chasing sunrise & sunsets for the trophy sun bursts etc leave me cold these days. I’ll take the alpine glow any time.

Btw, regarding sharpness, I don’t add anything in raw processing from C1 and then drop the TIFF into PS and use your frame script to scale to 2k and then drop my signature png on top.

Graham

Not familiar with that in red.:bugeyes: Care to explain?:clap:Thanks.:grin:

GrahamWelland

Graham

Not familiar with that in red.:bugeyes: Care to explain?:clap:Thanks.:grin:
I’ll defer to Joe to share his preferred link to his excellent PS framing script. I use it very simply to resize, put on a simple border and exif/title info. It does a lot more than that though if you want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.