The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

A little colour left in these reeds at the edge of a lake, plenty of snow falling and the water is starting to freeze up. A little abstract maybe but I like it.

As a Canadian I feel very empathetic with Swedes who share our winter climate (though we have no snow where I live - yet!). But even without such a bias, I have to say I love this picture. So simple and yet so communicative. Inspiring - like all your work.

Bill

M

mjr

Thanks Bill, very kind of you. The climate and landscape is very similar in your images to here, they make me want to visit one day, Canada is on the top of my list!

Enjoy your winter, I'm back to the heat of Iraq next week.

Mat

M

mjr

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Went out this morning for sunrise, bloody freezing! Car was showing -13 but it felt colder at the river. Anyway, managed a couple of shots before I decided coffee was a far better idea.

Pemihan

A rare color image from me, but the turquoise water of the Little Colorado deserves to be shown in color. This is where it meets the mighty Colorado deep down in the Grand Canyon. Shot while on a 15 day oar driven river expedition through the Canyon.

IQ280, XF, 35LS.

danlindberg

Stairway to heaven? Exposure steps? I’m not quite sure what the joke is, but it’s a beautiful picture!

Matt
Thanks Matt :thumbup:

No exposure steps, but following a PS action that I use on a new series of images. Something like this......duplicate layer -> increase lightness around three stops by levels -> gaussian blur -> blend mode color burn. :toocool:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Matt :thumbup:

No exposure steps, but following a PS action that I use on a new series of images. Something like this......duplicate layer -> increase lightness around three stops by levels -> gaussian blur -> blend mode color burn. :toocool:
Oh, thank you for the recipe! I'm always looking for B&W effects to get closer to the desired mood.

dave.gt

October 2018
Journal Entry No. 1:

Like Little Red Riding Hood, we followed the path toward Grandma's house. We travelled through the deep woods, o'er hill and dale, and bridges, past the old mill until we finally arrived at her house. We were relieved that there was no sign of a wolf, or three bears reported in the vicinity.

Our journey began here:

NC Bridge 1 FINAL LR Oct 2018.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.