The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrew

Thanks Matt :thumbup:

No exposure steps, but following a PS action that I use on a new series of images. Something like this......duplicate layer -> increase lightness around three stops by levels -> gaussian blur -> blend mode color burn. :toocool:
Dan, no offense, it's a terrific study, but I'm surprised you did that much processing. Just my, probably unpopular, opinion.
I love it!
Regards,
John

M

mjr

Even colder this morning, -16! Decided to look at images from yesterday rather than go and freeze.

danlindberg

Dan, no offense, it's a terrific study, but I'm surprised you did that much processing. Just my, probably unpopular, opinion.
I love it!
Regards,
John
John, I am all over the place when it comes to PP. I enjoy my landscapes with as little post production as possible, I am guessing 4 out of 5 are virtually untouched. However, at the same time I am quite used to produce commercial images that require heavy PP for specific use and applications.

The key, in my book, is to be honest about how an image came about (if the question is asked)! I am in the camp where the end result is more important than how it was done! Having said that, I resisted longer than most jumping to digital and even when I did I shot my scenes as if it was film and did absolutely nothing in post.
I am over that! Now I embrace possibilities and feel fortunate to live in times where we have no limits to creativity. If we can think it, we can put it on paper.

scho

Just getting the kinks out with the 645z that I haven't used for almost a year. Put on my old and heavy 80-160/4.5 for a handheld squirrel snap.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

October 2018
Journal Entry No. 1:

Like Little Red Riding Hood, we followed the path toward Grandma's house. We travelled through the deep woods, o'er hill and dale, and bridges, past the old mill until we finally arrived at her house. We were relieved that there was no sign of a wolf, or three bears reported in the vicinity.

Our journey began here:

View attachment 136986
But were three beers waiting for you?

dave.gt

October 2018
Journal Entry No. 3:

On the trail to Grandma's house. I have always wanted to capture that light which the pathway seemingly seeks. More interesting than the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and it is not a fairy tale either, it is real.

Hasselblad H5-50c, 80/2.8:
Mingus Mill Trail FINAL Oct 2018.jpg

dave.gt

October 2018
Journal Entry No. 4:

Walking by the river, I am reminded of the lyrics from The Grateful Dead...

"Goin' home, goin' home, by the riverside I will rest my bones,
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
Smoky Mtn Little River FINAL 9x12 Oct 2018.jpg

Last edited:
M

mjr

Love these frosty trees from the river today, feels like it's going to snow heavily tonight. Such a shame we post crappy small files online, the detail in this shot is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.