The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of photos at the New York City Halloween Parade with Hasselblad X1D and XCD 21mm.
Theme of Halloween Parade is I AM a Robot.

I don't recommend the X1D for action shots, but will work in a pinch.

First image at f4 1/30 iso 3200
Second image at f4.5 1/80 iso 6400

New York Halloween Parade I am a Robot - Joe Marquez B0001441.jpg

New York Halloween Parade I am a Robot - Joe Marquez B0001520.jpg

Last edited:

biglouis

My first attempt at focus stacking with the GFX50s and 120/4 macro. I did not use the inbuilt drive function, I took 15 photos myself moving the focus point between shots, then used PS to align/blend the layers. A feather from a Red Kite which I found while photographing them earlier last week (with my m43rds kit, I hasten to add). One thing the process did teach me: with the kind of resolution available, the white background in the lightbox has to be absolutely spotless and without any dust :banghead:

You can click through to the full size jpeg export (8.6Mb file) if you are interested. Thanks for looking.

tcdeveau

Couldn’t get out of the house today to shoot any fall color thanks to newborn and my wife’s gallstones acting up, but felt the itch to shoot. Gave myself a challenge to go out into the backyard for half an hour and come back with something. Not my usual thing, but here’s a couple of the shots I came up with, done in camera and handheld. X1D and 90mm XCD with levels adjustment in Phocus
-Todd

3418FE0D-4A7E-4A1B-9840-99245B64D123.jpg

F4AC4261-6E6F-44B4-9E44-F61267E2C889.jpg

dave.gt

Couldn’t get out of the house today to shoot any fall color thanks to newborn and my wife’s gallstones acting up, but felt the itch to shoot. Gave myself a challenge to go out into the backyard for half an hour and come back with something. Not my usual thing, but here’s a couple of the shots I came up with, done in camera and handheld. X1D and 90mm XCD with levels adjustment in Phocus
-Todd

View attachment 137179

View attachment 137180
Great results with ICM (Intentional Camera Movement)!!! You have a good feel for it, something I have admired for a good while.... just never quite got after it. Now that you have inspired me... it is time for me to get busy!:):):)

Btw, I can't decide which of the two images I like best! The second one is modifier and mysterious.:):):)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Finally, I had a minute this morning to process a single image from the rainy day last week. We waited until the afternoon to go to our lake and check on the colors which were not bad at all considering the weather this year. 20 mph winds!

H5D-50c, 80mm,2.8:
Summergrove Autumn Lake FINAL 3 Nov 2, 2018.jpg

Sometimes you just have to take the shot... I knew the leaves would be mostly gone if I waited another day, so... this is it. Maybe next year, the weather will be kind. Maybe not.:)
It was still fun and beat working around the house with all the domestics needing to be done. On a side note, the winds have not stopped since.

dave.gt

I know none of you are ever surrounded by tourists snapping away or simply enjoying an outing. But they are everywhere I go lately, so sometimes you just have to go handheld, even with MFD.:)

Mingus Mill, Great Smoky Mountains, North Carolina.

Mingus Mill FINAL Oct 2018 getdpi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.