The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Dave

Nice image. We must of just missed you. We left last Tuesday.

Steven
Rats! Yes! Barely missed us! Note to myself to check with other itineraries!!! That would have been amazing to meet you. Let's make sure to touch base if you will be the general area of the Southeast. I am itching for more road trips and they are always better when meeting up along the way.:):):)
P

stevenfr

Sounds good. Next time. I may be back in the Spring or next fall. My next trip is back to Hokkaido.

Rats! Yes! Barely missed us! Note to myself to check with other itineraries!!! That would have been amazing to meet you. Let's make sure to touch base if you will be the general area of the Southeast. I am itching for more road trips and they are always better when meeting up along the way.:):):)
P

M

mjr

Evening

A bit of an odd day today, it's winter here in Iraq, the weather is pretty rubbish and the ground just becomes a huge quagmire, you get an inch taller with every step!

I went out to Mosul this morning under heavy cloud, decided to grab some random shots on the way, travelling in an armoured vehicle is really interesting because the glass has a strange tint, sure I could get rid of most of it with a white balance adjustment but to be honest I like it! Dark and moody feeling so that's how I left the images.

A couple of roadside stops, taken whilst travelling at speed, through the bullet proof glass. This is my idea of fun!

D

Deleted member 7792

From my shoot in the Smoky Mtns last month.
Well done, Steven. :thumbup:

This has been a year of dull fall color in central NC, after having a warmer and wetter late summer and early fall, including two hurricanes. Even today in early November, it's 67℉ outdoors. The maple leaves are turning a dull brown and just falling off the trees. From your posted shots, you had good luck in the Smokies. I'll try to get out there in the spring. Thanks for sharing your work.

Joe

stevenfr

Thanks Joe. We did ok. We did not get what we were hoping for, but adapted and hunted around for colours. As you know, the dogwood trees turn colour first, so we got lots of images of dogwood trees. NC had a lot more colour compared to Tennessee. Email me if you want a tip of a location to try. I think it might have some peak colour still.

Well done, Steven. :thumbup:

This has been a year of dull fall color in central NC, after having a warmer and wetter late summer and early fall, including two hurricanes. Even today in early November, it's 67℉ outdoors. The maple leaves are turning a dull brown and just falling off the trees. From your posted shots, you had good luck in the Smokies. I'll try to get out there in the spring. Thanks for sharing your work.

Joe

D&A

Joe,

You took the words right out of my mouth. I too was going to post that this year's colors in Central VA. including in the mountains, were dull and lifeless except for a few patches here and there. Your explanation of why it was so is also what I heard. Apparently upstate N.Y. was supposed to have the best colors this year on the eastern seaboard. It's one of the reasons I didn't contemplate traveling south this year. Autumn is not quite over so maybe there is still hope. If not, spring wildflowers in the Smokies sounds promising.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

etrump

There’s no place like home! Having a great fall in Arkansas this year but sadly it’s almost over.

Both XF/3100/40-80mm:

D&A

Ed Wrote--->>>"There’s no place like home! Having a great fall in Arkansas this year but sadly it’s almost over".<<<---

Sure Ed, rub it in :) ....but as usual, both images are lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dj may

I live on the lower portion of a small mountain (small being a relative term). I run up the mountain on trails several times a week, and notice photo opportunities. Today I went for a photowalk before the leaves completely fall from the trees.
L1006054-Lowres-20181109.jpg
Leica S 006, Macro-Summarit-S 120

dave.gt

A stitched panorama using the Phase One XF iq3 100 camera.
Very nice, Steven! Thank you for posting this one. The light is gorgeous.

On the day we left the area two weeks ago, we passed on this atea (I am pretty sure I remember this location) when we were on top of the mountains because the clouds/fog was very dense and the view was completely shrouded. Nice to see what we missed!:):):)

stevenfr

Thanks Dave. There is no parking at this spot. I shot this one from on top of a big rock. There are so many pssibilities for great shots from the parkway.

Very nice, Steven! Thank you for posting this one. The light is gorgeous.

On the day we left the area two weeks ago, we passed on this atea (I am pretty sure I remember this location) when we were on top of the mountains because the clouds/fog was very dense and the view was completely shrouded. Nice to see what we missed!:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.