The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

The color in the San Juans was behind us so we drove down to Shiprock and got lucky. Wish that happened more often. ;)

XF/3100/40-80:

Amazing colors and light, Ed. You certainly tuned it right!
If I had your good luck, the lottery would be a cinch.:)

I love the composition and the mood.:)

TimoK

I agree, the figure enhances the image, and does give a sense of scale.
Dave
No, this picture is not about scale between wide tundra and a human being. It's about colors.
The difference between all natural autumn colors on the landscape and only two, artifical, very effective colors on that woman.
The contradiction with those colors makes this picture something bigger.

dave.gt

Jean-Luc

I love your architectural and abstracts. I took a minute to go through your Flickr images and the abstracts are gorgeous! Windows, walls, roofs, textures, colors, and more.

Thank you for sharing!:)

jelucoq

Hi, Dave, thanks again for your kind message, it's funny because it comes at a moment when i have a lot of questions in my head about my photographic work...
thank you for spending time with my pictures...

dave.gt

Hi, Dave, thanks again for your kind message, it's funny because it comes at a moment when i have a lot of questions in my head about my photographic work...
thank you for spending time with my pictures...
Ah, yes, moments of questioning. They are a good thing, embrace them! Inspiration and creativity are elusive and ever changing. Without them we would be in a rut... which can be considered a grave with both ends kicked out. :bugeyes: Not a good place.:)

So, yes, we inspire each other and we never know what where or when. Your eye for abstracts is rare, and I thank you for sharing your vision.:thumbup:

Grayhand

Ray, that is very cool! I always enjoy seeing what you can do with that beautiful camera and sensor. Very nice!:thumbup:
Thanks Dave for your kind words!

Yes, the camera and the back is really made for each other.
And for some reason, this combination did really fit my hand an eye.

But it is a "One trick pony". So i complementing it with the GFX(r) for studio shots and the beaches in full storms.

Ray

biglouis

I'm still investigating the use of the GFX50s and the 120/4 Macro with a lightbox and artefacts. This time it is a Victorian mould blown hyacinth vase (or jar as they called them back then) from my wife's collection of hyacinth vases. The colour was difficult to capture, it is a purplely-brown colour called Amethyst.

In the end I stood my lightbox on top of one light panel (used for my negatives) and also lit it from the top with a led panel. I stopped down the 120/4 to f22 rather than use focus stacking and shot at iso100.

The detail captured by the 120/4 is stunning (imho).

crop of detail on cup

etrump

The colour was difficult to capture, it is a purplely-brown colour called Amethyst.
Have you tried photographing a color passport or other chart to profile for more accurate colors in studio? I have had good luck with it in the field, especially with long exposures correcting the weird colorcast of the big stoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.