The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

View over the Golden Gate at civil twilight - just scratched one off of my photographic bucket list this morning

P12_16_2018_20155_56-stitched-small.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | 40HR | f/11 | 5mm rise |+/- 10mm two-image stitch

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hi Peter

I had a two hours chat with a friend , who lives near Melbourne (Mornington) and he told me , that summer slowly sneaks into the country . Your image obviously shows a bit of that .
I experienced weather like that only once at the atlantic coast of France . You could not see the water
from the dunes .

Michiel Schierbeek

Hey, that's 70km from where I live! You want a coffee? Beer? Wine? :toocool:
Thanks for the invitation Dan! We are back in Amsterdam by now. We made a fantastic four weeks road trip through Spain.
Fantastic country. And the roads and the food are so good! Next year again.

And Rob, thank you for your kind comment!

Gabo de Gata
Pentax 645Z FA 75

PeterA

Hi Peter

I had a two hours chat with a friend , who lives near Melbourne (Mornington) and he told me , that summer slowly sneaks into the country . Your image obviously shows a bit of that .
I experienced weather like that only once at the atlantic coast of France . You could not see the water
from the dunes .
Hi JotLoob

Such fogs coming from the ocean and still thick on the beach are rare here as well in Sydney as well as Mornington Peninsula ( where I had a farm for 20 years...) -.the sun was at 2 in the afternoon meaning at about its zenith so the air was hot and humid and the fog was almost backlit - the camera making things appear more clear than the naked eye...fascinating light - I wish I had some idea how best to show it ...and quite warm with temperatures at around 26Celsius.

Photographing the actual fog doesn't show much - just a gradually increasing 'thickness' into a an impenetrable denseness just 50 meters off the shoreline...these photos are straight RAW processed in C1 using Fuji profile Provia Standard...seriously fascinating liight

and yet just 20 meters closer to shore on the same beach...almost no fog...

AndereObjektiv

Greetings all,

First time posting after years of observing. Finally assembled an MFDB setup after years of collecting bits and pieces.

Here's a few from my first 2 days with the IQ250 & Sinar P3.

With Nikkor SW 90mm f/4.5 S.

With Schneider Apo-Digitar 60mm XL f/5.6.

Didn't see the 7 Ice Climbers until I got home. 60 XL.

I'm terrible with focusing and all thumbs in the field, but I'm just blown away by the quality of the files the IQ produces. It's all worth it.

Now up to me to try to be equal to the gear.

Thanks for looking and for all your posts throughout the years that showed the way.-

AlanS

Here's a few from my first 2 days with the IQ250 & Sinar P3.
Welcome and a good start. Not the easiest gear to use but practice, practice, practice as they say. Look forward to seeing how you progress :thumbup:

vjbelle

Great start:thumbup: You've purchased a great back that has very good live view. Make sure that your P3 is perfectly aligned which I have found requires very accurate levels.

I have always used Peak loups for checking focus with all of my Phase backs as they are relatively moderate in price and optically excellent.

Victor

Ed Hurst

Hi JotLoob

Such fogs coming from the ocean and still thick on the beach are rare here as well in Sydney as well as Mornington Peninsula ( where I had a farm for 20 years...) -.the sun was at 2 in the afternoon meaning at about its zenith so the air was hot and humid and the fog was almost backlit - the camera making things appear more clear than the naked eye...fascinating light - I wish I had some idea how best to show it ...and quite warm with temperatures at around 26Celsius.

Photographing the actual fog doesn't show much - just a gradually increasing 'thickness' into a an impenetrable denseness just 50 meters off the shoreline...these photos are straight RAW processed in C1 using Fuji profile Provia Standard...seriously fascinating liight

and yet just 20 meters closer to shore on the same beach...almost no fog...
Lovely stuff, Peter! Manly is it, towards the north end...?

Status
Not open for further replies.