The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

It seems incredibly indulgent to do 'walkabout' photography with a GFX50S+32-64/4 but I do so love using this camera.

Three architecturally significant buildings in Turner Street, Whitechapel - Gwynne House (1934, Moderne art deco), Good Samartian public house (1937, neo-Georgian), Dental Institute (1962-5, now closed)

I tell people 'I don't do street photography' but I found the juxtaposition of the graffiti and passers-by compelling.

Back road in Whitechapel, Old Montague Street and Davenant Street, named after Ralph Davenant a rector of the parish of Whitechapel who in 1680 created a school for the poor children of Whitechapel, at the time little more than a rural backwater.

Ripe for Renovation - Spital Street, Whitechapel - the back entrance to the Truman Brewery complex on Brick Lane. Disused and probably to be redeveloped at some point in the future.

Ed Hurst

Re. this:

[/url]IMGP6145_Step1FromRAW by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

WINTER WONDERLAND. Pretty sure I win!!!!
Thanks to everyone for the replies, and you have it sir!

Apologies for the slow reply. I was on holiday in Switzerland over the holiday period and my only connectivity was my phone - which I proceeded to lose on the plane out there. So I have been completely offline for quite some time.

stngoldberg

This 12 year old is Georgia and she lives in California. Her Grandparents allowed me to take her portrait while she was visiting them here in Florida, and when she walked into my studio/garage it was apparent that she was wondering,”what am I doing here with this old man?”
It didn’t take too long for me to understand that “smiles” were going to be hard to come by because she was embrassed by the braces on her teeth.
After a dozen or so “unhappy” images, I promised her that in exchange for a smile, she could see all the images and pick out the only one that I would show to her Grandparents.
She picked this one!
Stanley

Ed Hurst

Despite its being a family (i.e. non-photography orientated) trip, I was able to take a few images during a visit to Switzerland.

Pentax 645Z with 6x7 75mm f2.8 AL lens

[/url]IMGP6518_FromRAW by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.