The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Thanks Ed.
There doesn't seem to be much snow? Used to ski in Switzerland, love the place. Just wondering how you managed to take the Pentax on a family holiday? ;)

Ed Hurst

Thanks Ed.
There doesn't seem to be much snow? Used to ski in Switzerland, love the place. Just wondering how you managed to take the Pentax on a family holiday? ;)
There wasn't a huge amount of snow - though we did have a fresh fall before my last day there which helped at high altitudes...

As for taking my Pentax on holiday, a few factors help:
1) It was a short holiday, so even with two kids (aged 3 and 4) we didn't have to take a massive amount of stuff;
2) I only took four lenses with me (and nothing longer than the 150mm)
3) I have learned to accept the times when it cannot be used (due to family factors!), so it feels less like pressure to others;
4) I am a large man who can carry things without other people noticing too much!;
5) My partner, Debbie, is an angel;
6) My birthday falls during the holiday period, so people are eager to please me!

AlanS

Thank's for the kind words Peter.
The lens is no secret (I couldn't find a way to add it to the exif yet). It's a Mamiya 645 150mm f3.5 N, I have a few that I am experimenting with at the moment but this one looks like it will be useful (small and light and sharp stopped down). The others (50mm shift and 35mm f3.5 N) are probably redundant due to the 32-64 I have.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My first ever camera, the 'baby' Rolliflex given to me by my father in 1977. He used it from 1955 till late 60's for most of our family photos.

This image taken with DF+ 25P

Seeing this unfortunately causes me pain. I also had a "Baby", given to me by my father, mint condition with filters, leather case and lens hood. I stupidly sold it when I moved to Thailand. That, my Beogram 4002 and the Olivetti Valentine. I mostly shot Ektachrome with mine. There are frames available that fits an ordinary 35mm projector.

I'll probably buy another one when I retire. I'm supposed to have time for that kind of stuff then, right? :ROTFL:

ropo54

Meet "Teddy", my daughter's 8 month old puppy. 90 lbs of playfulness. (Will likely grow to 11-120lbs.) As menacing as Teddy might look, he's the most non-aggressive, sweet, and happy dog. Rottweiler.

Leica S007 w S 70

Attachments

PeterA

Thank's for the kind words Peter.
The lens is no secret (I couldn't find a way to add it to the exif yet). It's a Mamiya 645 150mm f3.5 N, I have a few that I am experimenting with at the moment but this one looks like it will be useful (small and light and sharp stopped down). The others (50mm shift and 35mm f3.5 N) are probably redundant due to the 32-64 I have.
Thanks Alan - love the tones in this image - and no don't confuse me with a person who thinks for one moment that the camera or a lens 'makes' the photograph - I was just curious.

Pete

AlanS

Thanks Alan - love the tones in this image - and no don't confuse me with a person who thinks for one moment that the camera or a lens 'makes' the photograph - I was just curious.
Hi Pete, Appreciate your kind words, the tones I can get from this camera is one of the things that I really like about it. No I understand what you mean, I like to know what people are using too, especially with a new camera with so many options to use existing glass. I don't use long lenses much so an economical alternative is most welcome (I have a c/y 80-200 f4 to try yet, I think it will work from about 100mm). I am considering a Canon 24mm tse + adapter for wide angle use but the GF 23mm looks soooo good I will probably go that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.