The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

It is very rare that we have major precipitation followed by an afternoon clearing with no wind in Arizona. That was the exact forecast on Monday so I took a chance and made the 5 hour round trip drive for a sunset shoot at a spot near Sedona that I have been wanting to photograph under these conditions for several years. The water that Cathedral Rock is reflected in only exists when those exact conditions occur and it must be calm to get the reflection. To get some nice pink wispy clouds 10 minutes after sunset made it even better than I had hoped...

GFX-50S, 32-64mm

View attachment 138579
One of your best, E.J. You'll remember that moment for a long, long time. Well worth the long drive.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joe

drunkenspyder

P1 XF | IQ4.150 | S-K 35 | f/11 | 6s | ISO 50 | 3-image stitch

P.S. Thanks to Joe Colson for the Frameshop script. Most excellent.

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Just beautiful.
It is very rare that we have major precipitation followed by an afternoon clearing with no wind in Arizona. That was the exact forecast on Monday so I took a chance and made the 5 hour round trip drive for a sunset shoot at a spot near Sedona that I have been wanting to photograph under these conditions for several years. The water that Cathedral Rock is reflected in only exists when those exact conditions occur and it must be calm to get the reflection. To get some nice pink wispy clouds 10 minutes after sunset made it even better than I had hoped...

GFX-50S, 32-64mm

View attachment 138579

stngoldberg

The 100 MPx phase one with the HC 300 lens with the 1.7 extender hand held is probably not the best tool for this job, but it was all that I had with me when I saw this scene
Stanley

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.