The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Afternoon

Some scenes from around Baghdad and Fallujah, not so easy to get shots, also not so easy to understand what I want to show!

Mat,

You have seen a lot of the aftermath of war. It is always a sad commentary on the human condition. I have no idea what you could show!:(

Perhaps there is beauty there somewhere. In fact, I am sure of it. People. The night sky above.

Perhaps a Landscape Astro photograph. The beauty surrounds us always and we only have to look up, like you did with the Northern Lights. Looking forward to what you do find.:)

Take good care.

M

mjr

Interesting comment Dave, thanks!

I have seen a lot of the crap side of human nature, I think I'm over all the perfection and beauty though. Home is pristine, fairly unspoilt, crisp and clear, I get obsessed with sharpness and things that I'm now finding completely uninteresting. Actually I see beauty everywhere here, just a different kind, the spirit of the people rebuilding their lives yet again, even the pictures I posted above I find extremely beautiful in their own way, it's just unlikely to be seen by others because they aren't witnessing it, not popular images!

I have been looking at older photographers recently, something I very rarely do, almost all of the work I find truly inspiring is not concerned with technique or equipment, it's entirely focused on content, the story. I look all around here at what's going on and I wonder what the f*ck I'm doing, what's the point, if I'm not able to tell their stories then what i produce has no meaning.

Anyway, sorry about that, just vocalising the frustrations of seeing stories everywhere and not knowing what to do about it!

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.

Mat

mristuccia

Berlin, Nikolai quarter (Nikolaiviertel) and St. Nicholas’s Church (Nikolaikirche).

Hasselblad 503CW + CFV-50c + Planar CF 100mm.

Shashin

This image is really compelling. There is a formalism and structure, but also serendipity that gives it life: an element that does not conform to ideals of craft, but presents a perfection on a cognitive level. No way to plan for this, just a possibility a photographer can be open to.

Ed Hurst

Having been offline for a few days, just wanted to thank everyone who kindly offered feedback on the two versions of the Tower Bridge night shot from The Shard. Your insightful, expert and tactfully-expressed views are wonderfully generous. Truly appreciated and I agree with the consensus...

Warmest,
Ed

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Teesdale...

Very nice Alan .
Tell me Alan , I often wanted to ask you that , Alan Stewart , isn't that a scottish name ?
I have been living in Scotland for a year , but that is many years ago , years before digital photography .

AlanS

Thanks Jurgen,
Yes my name is Scottish but I am not! I am a Yorkshireman (largest county in England) and very proud of it! :D
I probably have roots in Scotland sometime in the past but don't have any record of it. I do love Scotland though, go there all the time.

etrump

The red sky is great but doesn’t match the rest of the scene Ed. The shot is incredible as is and IMO the red sky detracts from what you’ve got.

Perhaps if the scene was blue hour it might work.

I'm interested in everyone's views on this...

The first shot is one that I posted a few days ago of the scene from the Shard. The second one includes a sky that occurred earlier the same evening, composited onto the same scene.

Which do you prefer...?

[/url]IMGP6812_Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMGP6812_VERSION2-Step10sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.