The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satrycon

4 full days in Hanoi, Vietnam, one camera, the GFX50R, 950 shots on the street, no hangups, no issues, less than 10 shots slightly out of focus while shooting a moving target.

anyways was great fun...but heavy on the disk space ;)

here are a few

GFX50r + GF63mm

View attachment 139078

D&A

An Unusual Weather Related Phenomenon.

The following two images are posted strictly for informative and illustrative purposes, not their artistic value. A couple weeks ago in this forum, Graham posted a beautiful image of Mt. McKinley out west accompanied by an unusual weather inversion. It can be seen a few pages back in this forum. At the time I commented that here in the Mid-Atlantic, where rarely do see weather inversions of great magnitude, displayed such an event early one morning around the time of Graham's west coast inversion image. Seen in person, it was to say the least, quite dramatic, especially that the inversion (thick, dense white clouds starting at ground level) moved very rapidly from left to right in fast moving undulating waves, like an restless ocean storm. This went on for more than an hour and even those that have lived in these parts for more than 85 years, never recall seeing anything like it. It's apparent arrival was just after sunrise (of which I won't post the actual sun star images until maybe I have a chance to work on them a little).

The inversion engulfed the entire valley and extended almost as high as the surrounding mountains. It (the inversion) was a completely different phenomenon than fog.

The 1st "reference" image of the area was taken with a Leica M body at a different time and different day, just to give some point of reference for identifiable land formations seen from that vantage point. The second image posted directly after the 1st, showing this inversion, was taken with the Pentax 645Z and 45-85mm lens.

It was purely coincidental that I was passing by the area at the time and happened to have my MFD camera with me, although it was used simply for capturing the unusual weather disturbance, nothing more. Nature, even in a mundane setting has ways of surprising us. :)

This 1st Image taken with a Leica M body & 90mm lens. Note the distant mountain and it's tree line towards the center-top of the frame as a point of reference for the second image below it (where this same mountain tree line is off to the top-right side in the medium format image). Waynesboro, Virginia

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

D&A

"On Top of the World"

This 2nd image showing this unusual weather inversion, which was taken from same vantage point of the 1st reference image (above). This image was captured with the Pentax 645Z; FA 200mm
Waynesboro, Virginia.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.