The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Lovely shots.Do you live round there? I love west riding. :)
Sadly, no I don't - I'm a Londoner. I have been to Haworth twice in the last year and will probably go again in August/September to catch the site of the heather in bloom on the moors. Such a fantastic place for landscape photography. Are you a local?

B L

Sadly, no I don't - I'm a Londoner. I have been to Haworth twice in the last year and will probably go again in August/September to catch the site of the heather in bloom on the moors. Such a fantastic place for landscape photography. Are you a local?
Hi, Yes I am almost local and West Riding and all of Dales + Peak District is wonderful for landscape lover.Welcome anytime and perhaps we can organise a trip. There are low cost "huts"(Yorkshire Dales) we can rent for few days! Just bed! I think no breakfast,we have to sort ourselves out for food :D . Tjhis invitation in extended to everyone here.Bashir

Mark C

One of the things I really like about MF is the size of the sensor and the ability to crop from that. In the image below I saw a distant photo opportunity whilst carrying my GFX with the GF45mm lens fitted. Ideally, I'd have needed the 250mm to fill the frame and get the composition I was after here. With the 45mm this is what I got:

_DSF4298 original by Mark, on Flickr

The guy leaning on the fence was only there for a few seconds and moved on before I got much closer. So that left me with the option to crop what I had. This is a 100% crop from the original above:

Checking the light by Mark, on Flickr

dave.gt

One of the things I really like about MF is the size of the sensor and the ability to crop from that. In the image below I saw a distant photo opportunity whilst carrying my GFX with the GF45mm lens fitted. Ideally, I'd have needed the 250mm to fill the frame and get the composition I was after here. With the 45mm this is what I got:

_DSF4298 original by Mark, on Flickr

The guy leaning on the fence was only there for a few seconds and moved on before I got much closer. So that left me with the option to crop what I had. This is a 100% crop from the original above:

Checking the light by Mark, on Flickr
Nice capture of that beautiful light, Mark... I prefer the color version best because of the blue moody feel to it.:thumbup:

stevenfr

Thanks Bill. Yes not my thing. It was however fun to shoot this scene.

I was attracted to the colours and the Japanese characters, but also the bizarre nature of a coke machine in the outdoors in Northern Japan, with piles of snow. It was bitter cold, I can't believe anyone uses these machines in the winter, or if they actually work. I believe they have warm liquids such as tea and coffee in them. These coke machines are scattered throughout the country side. I have a picture of another one. It would however make a nice print. The more I look at it, the reds might need to desaturated slightly. I won't know until I start printing it.

Not sure if others have noticed with the IQ4 150, the WB seems to be almost dead on compared to the old IQ3 100.

Not your usual style, Steven! But colourful.

Shashin

Phase One IQ4 150
The store sells sake, beer, fireworks, and camping gear (what could possibly go wrong?). You are right that you can get both hot and cold drinks, usually tea and coffee. However this machine seem to only have cold (including coffees and teas). I would not be surprised if it did work--this is Japan after all. BTW, there are also vending machines that serve beer and sake (but don't worry they have signs on them explaining that persons under 21 are not allow to purchase drinks from them).

AlanS

One from 2013, it's actually my avatar. I have shown this before but it has disapeared due to hosting issues...

gurtch

My wife and I went to Cape May for three days last week to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary (Feb 7). We stayed at our favorite Cape May hotel, Congress Hall. The weather did not cooperate at all. But I was determined to use my new medium format camera anyway (Fuji GFX 50R). My bad hip is getting worse, so I am using a cane, waiting for surgery to get a new hip. That prevents me from going on the beach, so I stayed on the boardwalk and did the best I could under the circumstances.
D779 framed.jpg

pegelli

My wife and I went to Cape May for three days last week to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary (Feb 7). We stayed at our favorite Cape May hotel, Congress Hall. The weather did not cooperate at all. But I was determined to use my new medium format camera anyway (Fuji GFX 50R). My bad hip is getting worse, so I am using a cane, waiting for surgery to get a new hip. That prevents me from going on the beach, so I stayed on the boardwalk and did the best I could under the circumstances.
Congrats on your 60th anniversary, hope there's many more happy and healthy years to come with a new hip :clap:

I like the image a lot, several elements came together nicely: the rain, the struggling couple and the bird :thumbup:

We were there one day in 2014 and walked from the lighthouse via battery 223 to the town and back. Especially the battery was an interesting structure. And afterwards we enjoyed the town as well :)

biglouis

I really enjoy the results shooting Florida birds with 100MPX
Stanley
As someone who spends a lot of time photographing birds (with my m43rds kit) I have to say these are excellent. Which camera are you using? I've tried experimenting with my GFX50S+120mm lens but the focal length is just too short.

LouisB

biglouis

Three more photographs from my trip to the West Yorkshire Moors. Working with the GFX50S is so good. I have a four lens system, 23mm, 45mm, 32-64mm and 120mm. I particularly like cropping to 1:2 and 1:3 which you can do easily and retain so much detail.

You can see all the captures taken with the GFX50S at my smugmug album.

GF45mmf2.8 - 1:3 Hewenden Viaduct

GF120mmf4 - 1:2 Radiation Fog

GF23mmf4 - Haworth, early morning - probably my favourite capture on this trip.
(I must admit I enhanced the photo with the Velvia preset in LR to give the reds some 'Leica-like-pop')

Status
Not open for further replies.