The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

As someone who spends a lot of time photographing birds (with my m43rds kit) I have to say these are excellent. Which camera are you using? I've tried experimenting with my GFX50S+120mm lens but the focal length is just too short.

LouisB
Hasselblad H5X with Phase One 100mpx back, HC 300mm lens with 1.7 extender
Stanley

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks Bill. Yes not my thing. It was however fun to shoot this scene.

I was attracted to the colours and the Japanese characters, but also the bizarre nature of a coke machine in the outdoors in Northern Japan, with piles of snow. It was bitter cold, I can't believe anyone uses these machines in the winter, or if they actually work. I believe they have warm liquids such as tea and coffee in them. These coke machines are scattered throughout the country side. I have a picture of another one. It would however make a nice print. The more I look at it, the reds might need to desaturated slightly. I won't know until I start printing it.

Not sure if others have noticed with the IQ4 150, the WB seems to be almost dead on compared to the old IQ3 100.
Yes, you're right about the WB - virtually no correction required, even for snow scenes with shadows.
Cheers,
Bill

MILESF

The store sells sake, beer, fireworks, and camping gear (what could possibly go wrong?). You are right that you can get both hot and cold drinks, usually tea and coffee. However this machine seem to only have cold (including coffees and teas). I would not be surprised if it did work--this is Japan after all. BTW, there are also vending machines that serve beer and sake (but don't worry they have signs on them explaining that persons under 21 are not allow to purchase drinks from them).
I’ve also seen vending machines in Japan that sell ice creams.

stevenfr

Bill

I had a friend of mine shooting with us with the IQ3 100. He was surprised at the difference between the two cameras. He will be upgrading to the IQ4 150 after seeing the files.

You are right the snow scenes had excellent white balance. Most of what I shot was snow. The files are just about good to go right out of the camera.

Steven

Yes, you're right about the WB - virtually no correction required, even for snow scenes with shadows.
Cheers,
Bill

M

mjr

Afternoon

Not sure how this translates to a small online image but I really love the softness of the fog and the bleakness of the landscape. Normally looking out is pretty depressing but the fog to me has a beautiful effect. Seems to work as a triptych, possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.