The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Using the latest leading edge technology and prediction algorithms it now appears to be springtime! :ROTFL:

ejpeiker

Just a few steps from that famous arch in Eastern California's Alabama Hills is a tiny little arch that is difficult to see and the vast majority of visitors never even realize that they walked right by it...

GFX-50S, 32-64mm

CA_LatheArch02.jpg

Last edited:

D&A

Beautiful image Dave.
Steven I say this with a great deal of modesty and humbleness.....your words are quite encouraging to me, especially coming from someone (yourself) who has shown a mastery for snowy type landscapes (especially your ones from Japan) which often include the simplicity of singular trees. That particular day, just down the road from this posted image, there was such a scene and I immediately at the time thought of you and how you would approach capturing such an image. Hillside was on a gradual slope with soft shaped curves and two snow dusted trees dotted the landscape during the pristine white storm.I had just driven by it twice in what was at the time a blinding snowstorm but nowheres to pull over without causing a possible accident. After repeated attempts to find a spot, I simply had to give up. Coincidently, we're currently encountering a surprise snowstorm at this moment, so maybe some possibilities will develop. One never knows. Again many thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

stevenfr

Thank you Dsve. I always love the back story behind the images we make. Its the journey as much as the final image.

Steven I say this with a great deal of modesty and humbleness.....your words are quite encouraging to me, especially coming from someone (yourself) who has shown a mastery for snowy type landscapes (especially your ones from Japan) which often include the simplicity of singular trees. That particular day, just down the road from this posted image, there was such an scene and I immediately at the time thought of you and how you would approach capturing such an image. Hillside was on a gradual slope with soft shaped curves and two snow dusted trees dotted the landscape during the pristine white storm.I had just driven by it twice in what was at the time a blinding snowstorm but nowheres to pull over without causing a possible accident. After repeated attempts to find a spot, I simply had to give up. Coincidently, we're currently encountering a surprise snowstorm at this moment, so maybe some possibilities will develop. One never knows. Again many thanks!

Dave (D&A)

simpho

Large Conehead leaping

Hasselblad H6D-100c, HC 300 mm f/4.5 + H52 extension ring, 1/111,000s at f/8, 3 high-voltage flash units, 100 ISO

This large green grasshopper, a large conehead (Ruspolia nitidula), owes its common name to the original shape of its head, clearly visible here in profile. It leaps to hide in the grass, taking advantage of her exoquelette, which is the same color as the grass. The large conehead also has large wings that allow it to fly over far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.