The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathantw

Large Conehead leaping

Hasselblad H6D-100c, HC 300 mm f/4.5 + H52 extension ring, 1/111,000s at f/8, 3 high-voltage flash units, 100 ISO

This large green grasshopper, a large conehead (Ruspolia nitidula), owes its common name to the original shape of its head, clearly visible here in profile. It leaps to hide in the grass, taking advantage of her exoquelette, which is the same color as the grass. The large conehead also has large wings that allow it to fly over far away.
Amazing! That's an incredible shot that must have taken a lot of planning. Thank you for sharing with us.

dwood

lobster boat(s) in a downeast Maine boat shop - one lurking in the back-left shadows
I posted a version of this in the past but this is another take on it, and I applied the Acros profile on this one. The Fuji profiles are kind of fun to mess with.
GFX50S - GF32-64

k-hawinkler

It's been 32 years since I was last there (used to live in ABQ in the '80s) but I'm guessing this is Bandelier NM...?

Thanks E.J.

It certainly is one of the caves and ruins in Bandelier National Monument.
After 32 years maybe another visit is appropriate.

I live just 15 minutes by car from Bandelier, one of my favorite places to visit. :clap:

From late April to early October Turkey Vultures roost about 20 yards away from the Visitor Center. It’s the largest roost in NM. I have counted up to about 50 of them soaring up and down the canyon when the weather conditions are perfect before taking up roost for the night in their favorite trees. It’s quite a sight. Reminds me of Star Wars movies as the TurkeyVultures soar silently just above the tall trees. :thumbs:

Last edited:

simpho

Amazing! That's an incredible shot that must have taken a lot of planning. Thank you for sharing with us.
Yes. The shot is triggered by a laser photo beam and Hasselblad technical department in Gothenburg, Sweden, has developed with me a specific process that makes possible to shoot without mechanical shutter, providing virtually a camera with no shutter lag at all.

David Schneider

Took my new Fuji GF 100-200mm and GFX50R into my studio to test it out. Only "model" I had available was my rescue Collie/Aussie mix. He wanted me to brush him first, but I told him it was just a test, not his passport photo or his business headshot. He was ok with that.

I had shutter speed dial set on 1/125th sec syn, but must have moved the rear command dial and was shooting at 1/160th. I did notice a thin black line at the top of the image. After that I change a function swipe to LARGE INDICATORS MODE, which makes all the type in the EVF larger, great for glasses wearer and old eyes.

Just slightly cropped image and cropped eye of that file.

f5.6 @ 200mm

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.