The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

At sunrise this morning, from my bedroom window, -18C outside so I shot from inside! Considerable crop.

[/IMG]

Lovely, but it's cheating to shoot from your bedroom! The Dunkirk lighthouse near my home. Not quite as cold (at least that day), 25F or -3C. Both lighthouses are on the Great Lakes, I'm about 200 mi due south of Bill.

Attachments

drunkenspyder

Well, it wasn't -18C, but I was outside and in some heavy rain!

P1 XF | S-K 40-80 @ 40 | IQ4.150 | f/9 | 1.3s | ISO 50

Last edited:

dwood

it was a gray, flat-light morning here today but still, who doesn't like a winter scene? at least I didn't have to travel too far - my neighbor's back yard :)

X1D and XCD90

drunkenspyder

Bigger isn’t always better, or why you can’t see the difference most of the time

FEBRUARY 21, 2019 BY MING THEIN 42 COMMENTS

https://blog.mingthein.com/2019/02/21/bigger-isnt-always-better/#more-17682
Thanks for posting this. Well worth the read. Reading my Lumix G9 referred to as a “behemoth” was funny, though I suppose in the MFT category, it is. It’s about the same size and weight as the Z7. Bur I will never use my G9 again for any serious IQ-sensitive shooting. Or any MFT until there are significant sensor improvements. Doesn’t necessarily have to be bigger, though that would be nice, but the MFT sensor needs to be better. Even at base ISO, there is just too much cleanup work. And in post, there is just not enough file elasticity or pliability before the quality degrades significantly. But overall, I agree with most of the very common sense in the article.

dave.gt

Status
Not open for further replies.