The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Playing with classic glass, love how this lens renders....
Lovely images and I agree, and that's true for a lot of the old Takumars. I have a 50 macro, a 55/2 and a 150/4, all three render beautifully and the focus action/damping is also a couple of notches above their competition at the time (only in the wrong direction for my muscle memory :()

hcubell

Central Highlands in Iceland. X1D with XCD 45mm lens. Stitched panorama. This area is usually a vast black sand "desert" in mid-September when I was there, but on this occasion there were intense snow squalls that covered most of the landscape.

_9072-JPEG.jpg

etrump

Scenes don’t always happen the way we would like. The forecast fog did not materialize and no one would clear off the bridge. What’s a photog supposed to do? :loco:

Phase One XF/IQ4150, 40-80mm

The result:

DF37A53D-28DC-49A5-88FF-BDE08D01650E.jpg

The scene:

FD2A9783-33E4-4EE6-9CBA-6F9C3595912A.jpg

Last edited:

AlanS

Lovely. Great that there appears to be full coverage
I am afraid not! It does get better stopped down to f11 but still needs a crop, at f2 I have to crop in a bit more and you can still see vignetting. It is o.k. cropped square though :D Having said all that I think the character shines through.

pegelli

What’s a photog supposed to do? :loco:
Take many exposures, stack and "mask" people on individual layers. I think since CS5 it's even an automated process.
Alternatively use a big stopper and a long exposure time.

Don't know which technique you used, but the final result is a very nice image, I like the mood and processing :thumbup:

etrump

You guessed it, a lot of masking and messaging for mood. Thank you for noticing. ;)

Take many exposures, stack and "mask" people on individual layers. I think since CS5 it's even an automated process.
Alternatively use a big stopper and a long exposure time.

Don't know which technique you used, but the final result is a very nice image, I like the mood and processing :thumbup:

hcubell

D&A

Stanley, your image has a wonderful feel to it. Lovely! As a side note, that small shed to the very right reminds me of the wooden building that just fell from the sky (because of its juxtaposition and angle of the shed), onto the Wicked Witch of the West in the "Wizard of Oz". All that's missing is her feet sticking out from its foundation with striped socks wearing the Ruby Red Slippers? Question is "Is that main building Auntie Em's farm house? :) No, I'm not going to ask if this is really Kansas, not Washington State. :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

(Image: Ruby Slippers, Wizard Of Oz 1939, Wicked Witch, Phyllis Schlafly, Trust,)

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.