The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon

Tough to follow all the beautiful images on here so thought I'd go bleak! This time of year the early morning sees thick fog as we drive between Baghdad and Fallujah. The light is soft and beautiful, in stark contrast to the surrounding landscape littered with the remnants of war. Crooked, haphazardly laid out pylons and power lines peer out of the fog, palm trees half blown away seem completely out of place. I like it.

These obviously processed to how I feel as I witness life here, probably not to most people's taste!

ejpeiker

Yesterday in the Sonoran Desert... After the Snowmageddon worst winter storm in Sonoran Desert history (and more rain as I type this) we are having a great wild flower bloom, some areas are having a record bloom, others above average...

GFX-50R, 23mm

AZ_PicachoPeak30.jpg

dave.gt

The sun visited us today and the Hasselblad beckoned. :)

One of many this afternoon as almost half of our red tulips have opened. Some are just waiting for the right moment to burst open in a crescendo of bright red! This particular season's tulips are a little different with huge green leaves and a bright star inside.:cool:

Hasselblad H5D-50c 80mm/2.8:
Tulip Star FINAL 2019.jpg

Note: This was simply a fun handheld shot in the shade just to see if it would be worthwhile to revisit this particular Tulip later with a tripod. I was pleased with the experience of shooting freestyle and I can say that the H5 is still a lot of fun!:):):)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Yesterday in the Sonoran Desert... After the Snowmageddon worst winter storm in Sonoran Desert history (and more rain as I type this) we are having a great wild flower bloom, some areas are having a record bloom, others above average...

GFX-50R, 23mm

View attachment 140110
Wow, one can certainly see the lush and colorful vegetation! Simply beautiful.:thumbup:

drunkenspyder

The sun visited us today and the Hasselblad beckoned. :)

One of many this afternoon as almost half of our red tulips have opened. Some are just waiting for the right moment to burst open in a crescendo of bright red! This particular season's tulips are a little different with huge green leaves and a bright star inside.:cool:

Hasselblad H5D-50c 80mm/2.8:

Note: This was simply a fun handheld shot in the shade just to see if it would be worthwhile to revisit this particular Tulip later with a tripod. I was pleased with the experience of shooting freestyle and I can say that the H5 is still a lot of fun!:):):)
Beautiful!

stevenfr

This image was taken in a strong blizzard. The snow was accumulating inside my lens. My wife tried to help with an umbrella, but there was not much hope the winds were straight on and the snow piled up on the lens.

Shashin

I finally got outside for some air after being sick as a dog for three weeks. The cold was nasty: couldn't drink coffee to stay awake during the day, coughed all night with no sleep. Today was the first time I had some energy to do some work. The bonus is it was warm too.

dave.gt

I finally got outside for some air after being sick as a dog for three weeks. The cold was nasty: couldn't drink coffee to stay awake during the day, coughed all night with no sleep. Today was the first time I had some energy to do some work. The bonus is it was warm too.
Ouch. Will, sorry you have been so sick but glad you are up and about and doing camera therapy!:thumbup:

D&A

This image was taken in a strong blizzard. The snow was accumulating inside my lens. My wife tried to help with an umbrella, but there was not much hope the winds were straight on and the snow piled up on the lens.
Steven, I am in awe of your tree landscapes with snow and often use them as an instructional model when scouting potential images during and after snowstorms here. I too found myself a few days ago in a near white out, which seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm reminded of a story I relayed here in this forum about a month ago to you and others about a interesting snow scene with trees and thought of you, but, impossible to stop and shoot even though I had my medium format camera next to me. Here is/was the back story......

A few weeks ago in a previous posting in this forum, I mentioned I came across landscape during a quick moving blizzard and thought of you and your images when a line of snow covered trees appeared. I even had my Pentax 645Z next to me. Unfortunately the conditions were hazardous on this narrow lane road with trucks and cars trying to maintain traction from going off the road. I had no place to pull over and thoughts "maybe next year". Well a few days ago on a very quiet weekend, just after sunrise, a completely unexpected snow squall swept through the exact same area while I was driving 1 hr from home. All I had was a digital Leica rangefinder and too late to turn around for the medium format camera.

I once again found myself on this same small snow covered lane confronted with exact same scene of trees as seen a few weeks ago, but this time with no cars or trucks in sight, I took a chance and abandoned my car and set up for some shots.

Just posting one as an illustrative example of how I learn about various types of landscapes from so many who have posted some wonderful representive images.

Again as a disclaimer, this sample image was taken with a Leica M9 camera and 50mm rigid summicron and hope its OK to post this image here with regards and homage to Steven's snow covered tree landscapes

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

jng

Dave,

No disclaimers needed for posting such a lovely image! And the back story is appreciated as well.

John

stevenfr

Hi Dave

Thank you for your kind thought on my tree snow imagery. I have been shooting the snow tree images for about twenty days over two seasons of shooting time. I am new to the minimalist tree imagery. Most of my portfolio are big forest stands of colourful trees from all over the world. I do find this snow imagery has expanded my portfolio in a new direction. I was getting bored and a bit frustrated with my photography and this new imagery has excited me again.

I am pleased it inspired you to take the photo you posted. It a beautiful image, I would be thrilled to have it in my portfolio. Congrats.

Thank you again. I agree, There is so much interesting and inspiring work posted on this forum and the people in the forum are so considerate and kind. Its refreshing.

Steven

H
Steven, I am in awe of your tree landscapes with snow and often use them as an instructional model when scouting potential images during and after snowstorms here. I too found myself a few days ago in a near white out, which seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm remined of a story I relayed here in this forum about a month ago to you and others about a interesting snow scene with trees and thought of you but impossible to stop and shoot. here was the back story......

A few weeks ago in a previous posting in this forum, I mentioned I came across landscape during a quick moving blizzard and thought of you and your images when a line of snow covered trees appeared. Unfortunately the conditions were hazardous on this narrow lane road with trucks and cars trying to maintain traction from going off the road. I had no place to pull over and thoughts "maybe next year". Well a few days ago on a very quiet weekend, just after sunrise, a completely unexpected snow squall swept through while I was driving 1 hr from home. All I had was a digital Leica rangefinder and too late to turn around for the medium format camera.

I once again found myself on this same small snow covered lane with the same scene as seen a few weeks ago, but this time with no cars or trucks in sight, I took a chance and abandoned my car and set up for some shots.
Just posting one as an illustrative example of how I learn about various types of landscapes from so many who have posted some wonderful representive images.

Again as a disclaimer, this sample image was taken with a Leica M9 camera and 50mm rigid summicron and hope its OK to post this image here with regards and homage to Steven's snow covered tree landscapes

Dave (D&A)

dave.gt

How many of us shoot many different cameras? I always have. My collection is pretty much gone now except for a few inexpensive but field-tested cameras that continue to serve me very well and are quite fun to use alongside modern gear. Digital, film... it is all good.:thumbup:

Hasselblad H5D-50c 80/2.8:
Nikkormats January 19 FINAL 2019.jpg

D850 and F80 FINAL Feb 23 2019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.