The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Camden Town, London - new build called 'Hawley Wharf' adjacent to the Regents Canal near Camden Lock Market.

GFX50S+23mm (3 image stitch, 30 seconds per exposure)

GFX50S+23mm (2 image stitch, 30 seconds per exposure)

dj may

I know that point of view very well. Siracusa is my city of birth!
Now I live in Berlin. Thank you for reminding me of it with such a beautiful BW shot. :rolleyes:
Thank you. I enjoyed Siracusa very much. I also enjoyed your city Berlin several times.
Jesse

simpho

Picture of damselfly in flight over water.
This picture demonstrates the image quality provided by the lens HC 3,5/50 II equipped with the Macro Converter H even when used wide open. The full aperture is important to get nice blur over the water.

My high-speed story with dragonflies is now live on the Hasselblad web site :
https://www.hasselblad.com/news/ghislain-simard-freezing-dragonflies-in-flight/

I have also published a short video : https://youtu.be/3Ua_KmFXfEY

Hasselblad H6D-100c ; HC 50 mm f/3,5 + Macro Converter H ; magnification ratio : 0,25 ; 1/111,000s at f/3.5 ; 2 high-voltage flash units ; ISO 64

dave.gt

This picture demonstrates the image quality provided by the lens HC 3,5/50 II equipped with the Macro Converter H even when used wide open. The full aperture is important to get nice blur over the water.

My high-speed story with dragonflies is now live on the Hasselblad web site :
https://www.hasselblad.com/news/ghislain-simard-freezing-dragonflies-in-flight/

Hasselblad H6D-100c ; HC 50 mm f/3,5 + Macro Converter H ; magnification ratio : 0,25 ; 1/111,000s at f/3.5 ; 2 high-voltage flash units ; ISO 64
Ghislain,

Welcome to the forum!!! AND thank you very much for sharing your images with us. They are fantastic!:thumbs:
Your work was presented by Hasselblad, and I was stunned and very happy to see it.

Your work is inspiring in ways you do not yet know. The past five years, we have been involved with the Rehabilitation Hospital at Emory University as patient (my wife) and support (pro bono Portraits of Healing for other patients), and the experience was profound because it all started after six years of frustration with healthcare professionals at other facilities who had no idea what they were doing, but, one person, her OT therapist, continued to show us both that there are lessons to be learned in nature. Her therapist is an avid lover of dragonflies and uses them as an example of "always moving forward, never backward", a lesson that most suffering from trauma, disease and strokes have to learn to pull them out of depression and begin the lifelong journey of rehabilitation.

I will send her a link to your work. I know she will enjoy seeing those images and sharing them with other patients.:cool:

ejpeiker

Grand Falls, Navajo Nation
GFX-50R, 23mm

Arizona's largest waterfall, located in the Navajo Nation, is seasonal and runs reliably only during the spring melt of snow from Northern Arizona's mountains. It is 600 feet wide and 186 feet tall. Since it runs through the desert it picks up a lot of sediment giving it it's muddy or chocolaty appearance. On Monday, I made the 8 hour round trip in hopes that it would be running strong after several very warm days. I was not disappointed...

View attachment 140304

nathantw

I know I thanked you before for the grasshopper picture, but thank you again for the video, the article and the wonderful dragonfly photos!

algrove

Grand Falls, Navajo Nation
GFX-50R, 23mm

Arizona's largest waterfall, located in the Navajo Nation, is seasonal and runs reliably only during the spring melt of snow from Northern Arizona's mountains. It is 600 feet wide and 186 feet tall. Since it runs through the desert it picks up a lot of sediment giving it it's muddy or chocolaty appearance. On Monday, I made the 8 hour round trip in hopes that it would be running strong after several very warm days. I was not disappointed...

View attachment 140304
Cn you give us a hint of the exposure time, ISO, f-stop etc? Thanks.

pegelli

Cn you give us a hint of the exposure time, ISO, f-stop etc? Thanks.
The exif data are contained in the linked file:

Make FUJIFILM
Model GFX 50R
Orientation Normal
Software Capture One Pro 12.0.2 Windows
Creator E.J. PEIKER
Copyright E.J. PEIKER
Exposure Time 3.000s
Aperture ƒ/5.6
Exposure Manual
ISO equivalent 100
Exposure Bias none
Metering Mode Matrix
Light Source Daylight
Flash Fired No
Focal Length 23.0mm 18mm=35mm equivalent
FocalPlaneXRes 914
FocalPlaneUnits 10
Exposure Mode Manual
White Balance Manual
Focal Length (35mm) 18
Date 2019-03-18 18:17:01 +0000

ejpeiker

The exif data are contained in the linked file:

Make FUJIFILM
Model GFX 50R
Orientation Normal
Software Capture One Pro 12.0.2 Windows
Creator E.J. PEIKER
Copyright E.J. PEIKER
Exposure Time 3.000s
Aperture ƒ/5.6
Exposure Manual
ISO equivalent 100
Exposure Bias none
Metering Mode Matrix
Light Source Daylight
Flash Fired No
Focal Length 23.0mm 18mm=35mm equivalent
FocalPlaneXRes 914
FocalPlaneUnits 10
Exposure Mode Manual
White Balance Manual
Focal Length (35mm) 18
Date 2019-03-18 18:17:01 +0000
Capture time is actually 19:17 because the Navajo Nation observes daylight savings time where the rest of the state of Arizona does not ;)

simpho

Ghislain,

Welcome to the forum!!! AND thank you very much for sharing your images with us. They are fantastic!:thumbs:
Your work was presented by Hasselblad, and I was stunned and very happy to see it.

Your work is inspiring in ways you do not yet know. The past five years, we have been involved with the Rehabilitation Hospital at Emory University as patient (my wife) and support (pro bono Portraits of Healing for other patients), and the experience was profound because it all started after six years of frustration with healthcare professionals at other facilities who had no idea what they were doing, but, one person, her OT therapist, continued to show us both that there are lessons to be learned in nature. Her therapist is an avid lover of dragonflies and uses them as an example of "always moving forward, never backward", a lesson that most suffering from trauma, disease and strokes have to learn to pull them out of depression and begin the lifelong journey of rehabilitation.

I will send her a link to your work. I know she will enjoy seeing those images and sharing them with other patients.:cool:
Many thanks for your feedback.

Indeed, some of my pictures of butterflies on the wing have recently been used in a brand new Hospital in Belgium. See the attached shot of the MRI scanner room. Maybe this type of photograph help patients to face a difficult moment of their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.