The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Grand Falls, Navajo Nation
GFX-50R, 23mm

Arizona's largest waterfall, located in the Navajo Nation, is seasonal and runs reliably only during the spring melt of snow from Northern Arizona's mountains. It is 600 feet wide and 186 feet tall. Since it runs through the desert it picks up a lot of sediment giving it it's muddy or chocolaty appearance. On Monday, I made the 8 hour round trip in hopes that it would be running strong after several very warm days. I was not disappointed...
Wow, never thought I would ever love a photo with muddy water! Looking at it on the computer monitor is completely different than seeing the image on the iPhone!
:thumbs:

Willy Wonka's favorite recreation area, I am sure...:)
Well done!

drunkenspyder

Grand Falls, Navajo Nation
GFX-50R, 23mm

Arizona's largest waterfall, located in the Navajo Nation, is seasonal and runs reliably only during the spring melt of snow from Northern Arizona's mountains. It is 600 feet wide and 186 feet tall. Since it runs through the desert it picks up a lot of sediment giving it it's muddy or chocolaty appearance. On Monday, I made the 8 hour round trip in hopes that it would be running strong after several very warm days. I was not disappointed...
Wow! Beautiful.

dchew

Rio Vista, CA Drawbridge:
P1 XF | Trichro | S-K 35 | f/4 | 40s | ISO 35
Lovely, Greg! I used to live in Antioch; I know that bridge well driving to and from an old BP Solar installation we had. Dodging the big cargo planes from Travis AFB on the way.
:clap:

Dave

drunkenspyder

Lovely, Greg! I used to live in Antioch; I know that bridge well driving to and from an old BP Solar installation we had. Dodging the big cargo planes from Travis AFB on the way.
:clap:

Dave
Thanks Dave. And it’s funny; I used to live in northeast Ohio.

biglouis

This was real fun. A chance opportunity by the side of the road to photograph a classic British car, the Wolsely FourFortyfour (sometimes used for Police cars in the UK). The young man who owned it was cleaning it up and he was happy to let me take some photographs. I was lucky that I had both the 120mm and the 23mm for my GFX50S with me at the time.

Looking up the history the car was manufactured between 1953 and 1956 which makes it about as old as I am. Its looking a darn sight better at 60+ years than I am :)

GFX50S+120mm

GFX50S+120mm

GFX50S+120mm

GFX50S+120mm

GFX50S+23mm

GFX50S+120mm

M

mjr

Afternoon

It's been a difficult few days here in Iraq, extremely sad events in Mosul yesterday. It's Nawroz, the celebration of the new year for Kurdish and Iranian people, a lot of people out enjoying the sun, families having picnics everywhere which makes the loss all the more tragic.

Just a couple of grab shots from a drive up in to the mountains today, no tripod or filters so not as good as they should be.

stevenfr

This is my second composition of sunflowers in snow. It is a bit cleaner and more organized compared to the last one.

Craig Stocks

Yes, you can put a medium format back on a telescope. The Orion Nebula imaged through a SkyWatcher Quatro 200 (800 mm focal length, f/3.9) with an IQ4150 on a Cambo body using a Canon lens mount. 15 frames (averaged) at ISO 1600 for 30 seconds each.

Attachments

Shashin

Craig, beautiful. And the diffraction spikes from your secondary spider are just wonderful. Maybe I will start taping sticks to the front of my lenses when I photograph at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.