The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Yes it is, Reine on Lofoten, this is the shot every man and his dog takes, but longer lens and swing left a bit, and you get the above scene. Whilst this shot is not very imaginative, it's no surprise everyone takes it, a stunning place.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Grayhand

GFX(r), 100-200, MCEX-18G

I was earlier looking at the 120 macro with OIS. But the cost was impressive!
Now I have tried my 100-200 with the 18 mm extension ring, and I am positively surprised of the result.
This picture is handheld and cropped to square of full size. f/8.

At 100% the in focus area is pin sharp, and an irritated ant is clearly visible in the middle, open, flower.

So it will fulfil all my macro needs. They are not that demanding, so your mileage may vary.

Ray

dave.gt

GFX(r), 100-200, MCEX-18G

I was earlier looking at the 120 macro with OIS. But the cost was impressive!
Now I have tried my 100-200 with the 18 mm extension ring, and I am positively surprised of the result.
This picture is handheld and cropped to square of full size. f/8.

At 100% the in focus area is pin sharp, and an irritated ant is clearly visible in the middle, open, flower.

So it will fulfil all my macro needs. They are not that demanding, so your mileage may vary.

Ray
Ray, that is beautiful. :thumbup:

I like the colors, and the overall image. So, yes, I would agree the 100-200 is a great alternative and a super value!:)

ejpeiker

Yes it is, Reine on Lofoten, this is the shot every man and his dog takes, but longer lens and swing left a bit, and you get the above scene. Whilst this shot is not very imaginative, it's no surprise everyone takes it, a stunning place.
At least it's only the second most common fishing village shot from Lofoten behind the shot of Hamnoy off of the bridge ;) Always a beautiful scene though :)

Gerd

How were you able to get the Mamiya lens to work with your Pentax 645z? I thought Pentax had a greater flange distance than Mamiya 645 cameras? (I assume you're using the Mamiya 645 lens)
I assume Michiel means the 645 Mamiya Shift 50 F4. The M50 Shift F4 could be shortened at Mount and redone to Pentax 645.

I also used the Mamiya 50 Shift F4 on IQ3100. My copy is sharp, but you should not shift more than 10mm - then the edge quality drops quickly. I have not tried it on IQ4 yet.

Greeting Gerd

dave.gt

What? No Easter Bunnies?:ROTFL:

Cats and dogs don't count today. Surely someone has an MF image of the EB for this special occasion!:):):)

dave.gt

Monday, Monday...

You know what I mean... but just before sunset, I managed to walk around the garden just to observe. Much to my surprise, I found a half dozen opportunities as they change every day. Here is one of them, a Red Knockout Rose deciding to make a fashion statement:

Pink Knockout FINAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.