The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hikers on the rim of the Mt. Vesuvius caldera. X1D, 90mm. So if a picture's important details are invisible at internet size, will a large print save it? I'll have to try it here...

Matt (I'm on the opposite rim, but my side has a guardrail! :cool:)

dave.gt

Matt,

That is quite a perspective! Whoa... I'm with you, guardrails are your friend.:shocked:

I think my backpacking will remain on flatter terrain.:)

Thanks for sharing!!! I had no idea.

dave.gt

Love the colors in those roses Dave! :thumbs:

Were these taken with your H5D-50c? Which lens?

Gary
Thanks, Gary, just sent you a PM on the particulars.

The technique is simple, as is the proper shooting techniques of the last three images posted, only one was a tripod shot.:thumbup:

I will be shooting this year a lot of Velvia and Ektachrome 220 as well. Can't wait!

Mark C

These dead trees stand in a swamp next to a road I sometimes drive along and I've often seen them and thought 'must photograph those one day'. So On this particular day, I did, GF23mm:

The dead trees by Mark, on Flickr

Michiel Schierbeek

How were you able to get the Mamiya lens to work with your Pentax 645z? I thought Pentax had a greater flange distance than Mamiya 645 cameras? (I assume you're using the Mamiya 645 lens)
The Mamiya 645 55/4 shift was converted into Hasselblad mount. Once in a while they turn up on Ebay.

Mers-les-Bains
Pentax 645Z + Pentax 67 55-110

dave.gt

Glorious sunlight on the new growth of a Mr. Lincoln Hybrid Tea Rose bush against the early morning shadows.

Walk me out in the morning dew...

Walk Me Out in the Morning Dew FINAL.jpg

vjbelle

Greetings from Japan. The iconic Golden Palace is not an easy shot. I was there before the opening with another 100 people on a cloudy drizzly day. The shot cannot be taken with a tripod but I used mine as a monopod which worked out well. Once I had my spot I had to fend off numerous kids, parents, teachers, selfies, anyone who wanted my spot. But it was worth it to get my little shot - one of thirty.

GFX, 63mm

Cheers.....

Victor

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.