The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

My favorite kind of day at the office, no one around and easy to get some work done. Also, been one of those weather days where it cannot decide what it wants to do.

Leica S006 w 24mm

2019_04 untitled shoot-6-Edit.jpg

beano_z

A couple images on the IQ4 from my recent trip to Port Renfrew - All shot on the XF and 35/3.5 except the little tree on Fairy Lake, which was shot through the Mamiya 300/4.5

China Beach

P0000204 Port Renfrew - 24-Apr-2019 to 26-Apr-2019.jpg

Fairy Lake

P0000193 Port Renfrew - 24-Apr-2019 to 26-Apr-2019.jpg

Wild Renfrew Cottages

P0000186 Port Renfrew - 24-Apr-2019 to 26-Apr-2019.jpg

Botany Beach

P0000158 Port Renfrew - 24-Apr-2019 to 26-Apr-2019.jpg

M

mjr

Not been shooting much for black and white recently but mountains and snow seem to work nicely.

Greg Haag

I went out to get a shot of the wildflowers, planning on focus stacking (a first for me with anything other than architecture). It was an epic failure, the wind was an issue, but I think my inexperience was the main problem. No focus stacking for me today.

Leica S006 w 120mm

2019_04 untitled shoot-53-Edit.jpg

stngoldberg

I went out to get a shot of the wildflowers, planning on focus stacking (a first for me with anything other than architecture). It was an epic failure, the wind was an issue, but I think my inexperience was the main problem. No focus stacking for me today.

Leica S006 w 120mm

View attachment 141118
With a technical camera, you may have been able to use 4 degrees of tilt and have had acceptable front to rear focus.
In addition the Schneider 120mm lens is one of the best for acuity.
Stanley

Greg Haag

With a technical camera, you may have been able to use 4 degrees of tilt and have had acceptable front to rear focus.
In addition the Schneider 120mm lens is one of the best for acuity.
Stanley
Stanley, I am wrestling with the issue of what to do regarding a technical camera. My main two concerns are portability and how much slower that process would be. If you were going to look at a technical camera set up, with architectural being the focus, do you have a specific setup that you would recommend?
Thanks,
Greg

dave.gt

Wind!!!:banghead:

Lately, the wind has been crazy here with cold fronts moving through... a nightmare for even close quarters much less a huge open field. Days like that, you will find me shooting macros or doing something unrelated to photography.

Greg, that is a nice location with the lighting. Perhaps a return visit soon?:thumbup:

stngoldberg

Stanley, I am wrestling with the issue of what to do regarding a technical camera. My main two concerns are portability and how much slower that process would be. If you were going to look at a technical camera set up, with architectural being the focus, do you have a specific setup that you would recommend?
Thanks,
Greg
I opted for the Arca rm3di for several reasons:
1. Tilt and swing are readily available along with tilt on every lens one may choose to use
2. Rod Klukus, the Arca representative in the US is readily available by phone or email and is amazingly knowledgeable and patient with his explanations.
3. Price while not my major reason was a consideration vs the Alpa.
4. The lens selection between all of the pancake cameras is the same, and I bought most of my lenses new; but for some reason used Arca lenses seem to be available at a lower price.
5. The Arca system is easier to understand; at least it was for me.
Yes, taking an image with a tech camera takes a bit more time because the photographer has more tools at his/her disposal, but as I used the camera more,
I found that it wan’t all that more time consuming and the ability to shift horizontally and vertically made my compositions much improved.
Stanley

Greg Haag

Wind!!!:banghead:

Lately, the wind has been crazy here with cold fronts moving through... a nightmare for even close quarters much less a huge open field. Days like that, you will find me shooting macros or doing something unrelated to photography.

Greg, that is a nice location with the lighting. Perhaps a return visit soon?:thumbup:
Dave, it is a beautiful location and sunrise with coffee, camera, horses and wildflowers, even when it doesn’t turn out like you intended it was a good morning. I do want to return, wish I had a longer focal length for the Leica to compress things a bit more.

Greg Haag

I opted for the Arca rm3di for several reasons:
1. Tilt and swing are readily available along with tilt on every lens one may choose to use
2. Rod Klukus, the Arca representative in the US is readily available by phone or email and is amazingly knowledgeable and patient with his explanations.
3. Price while not my major reason was a consideration vs the Alpa.
4. The lens selection between all of the pancake cameras is the same, and I bought most of my lenses new; but for some reason used Arca lenses seem to be available at a lower price.
5. The Arca system is easier to understand; at least it was for me.
Yes, taking an image with a tech camera takes a bit more time because the photographer has more tools at his/her disposal, but as I used the camera more,
I found that it wan’t all that more time consuming and the ability to shift horizontally and vertically made my compositions much improved.
Stanley
Thank you for you insight Stanley!

M

mjr

A little more of the black and white mountains. Would have been so much better with a 10 stop filter.

pegelli

Would have been so much better with a 10 stop filter.
Probably a matter of taste, I think it works very well "as-is".
I usually prefer to see choppy waves and real clouds rather than milky streaks on the water and in the air. It can can work very well in some scenes, but often it's a bit of a trick that gets boring to see it in all such landscapes.

stevenfr

Another one of my favourite images from my shoot in Japan. This one has an amazing grouping of trees. It almost seems as if a group of Japanese gardeners prunes this grouping of trees. I remember photographing this scene, and the excitement in finding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.