The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

I resize to 1500 pix high x whatever size it ends up then link from my flickr site useing the bb code, the result looks ok to me.

pegelli

why is my resolution of the picture after uploading so bad ?
It looks OK to me, that's the good news.

Since you're not using a site like Flickr or SmugMug you seem to be uploading directly to GetDPI and the way I see the picture on the site is 1200 x 1200 pixels, but since you put on very broad white borders the actual picture is only ~840 pixels wide, so not very big and a low resulting final resolution of the "interesting" part of the image.

beano_z

Taken at sunset on "Habitat Island", a tiny island facing Science World at False Creek in Vancouver.

Slowly getting back into my routine, only two weeks ago it seemed that all I could remember from photography was how to press a shutter button...:facesmack:

Science World - 29-Apr-2019.jpg

M

mjr

Morning

Some more snowfall and light, I could photograph this stuff all the time.

Satrycon

checked again today & yes i do see a tiny bit of "smearing" at the extreme corners at f1.4, but not from f2.8 & above...though i don't really care about it as i shoot at f1.4 with the summilux and f2 with the summicron 99% of the time :)

Just look at the corners in my bluebell pic above, the far corners are smeared not just oof, that is outside the image circle the lens projects. Wow, just seen the price of the Leica lens!

ejpeiker

X1D - 45mm

why is my resolution of the picture after uploading so bad ?
If the upload to GetDPI is greater than 930KB, it automatically compresses it to about 1/3 of that and it looks awful when it does that. The threshold for GetDPI induced compression is 930KB, below that it doesn't touch the file.

PeterA

Novoflex Leica M to Fuji G...took 4 weeks..pestered the novoflex Korea office like crazy..they said its apparently out of stock and Germany is manufacturing more, hence the delay..
wonder how many they actually made in the first place ;)

anyways, fits nice and tight, set camera to shoot without lens ON, followed JK's Blog on the peaking..the low/high // normal/magnified stuff..

have to say the GFX peaking is way better than my Leica SL

https://www.novoflex.de/en/products...r-leica-m-lenses-to-fuji-g-mount-cameras.html

settings i used were:View attachment 141175

will try the 90mm summicron APO ASPH soon
:thumbup:

M

mjr

Afternoon

I've been looking for a new project, maybe this one is a tiny bit too much but what a location!

drunkenspyder

Astronomical twilight over eastern Bora Bora reef. The white line across the center is surf in the distance.

P0002598-denoise-FrameShop_4.jpg

P1 XF | IQ4.150 | BR 40-80 @ 40mm | 80s | f/4.5 | ISO 400

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.