The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C

That feels so familiar Mark, you have captured it well!
Thanks Alan, it's Hedleyhope Fell near Tow Law. I remember the day I took this one and several other misty shots of trees and landscape as I was passed by a dog walker who gave me his expert opinion of, 'You're wasting your time with that camera, it's far too misty' :)

D

Deleted member 7792

"The Fallen". Drifting Cherry Blossom Pedals in the Tidal Basin. Washington, D.C.
Pentax 645Z; FA 120mm f4

Dave (D&A)
Dave, well spotted and photographed. I really like this one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joe

vieri

Sunset at As Catedrais

Sunset at the amazing Playa As Catedrais, in Galicia (Spain), a spectacular beach revealing itself only at low tide. A 200-seconds long exposure taken with a Pentax 645z, Pentax 28-45mm & filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest a few years back.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

M

mjr

Afternoon

As I'm sure most people know, it's Ramadan at the moment and here in Baghdad, it's a time for fasting and helping those less fortunate.

The orphan situation in Iraq is shocking, heartbreaking and I wish I had an answer for it, unfortunately all I can do is donate money towards a trip out for 50 orphan kids. Today a group of kids descended on a cafe in town, a couple of us went along to chat to the kids and help out. To say life can't be much tougher for a child, they were amazing, keen to shout out numbers and the alphabet in English, super friendly even though the hardships were truly visible in the faces of some.

Anyway, I grabbed a couple of shots to help them raise awareness and hopefully get more donations, terrible dark room but it's not too important, the subject is enough for me.

M

mjr

Thanks Bill, kind of you to say. Wish I could do more but it's a huge problem.

I won't post more than this, but a last couple, not great photography I'm afraid. The kids all took turns to read a poem, sing a song or just say something, they were all excited about getting up and taking their turn.

Some kids were less involved but all loved seeing their picture on the back of the camera, you can almost read their stories on their faces, or at least guess but I fear that we have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.