The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

I did love getting my velvia slides back from the lab after a shoot. They just glowed when they were on a light table. However I did not like the blocked up shadows, reciprocity, 6 stops of DR, and travel issues.

Ah... VELVIA!!!

Beautiful rendering, Steven. Wow!:thumbs:

dave.gt

From the hospital window through glass and screen.
Truly, a fine example of the emotional power of an image taken while in hospital. The story behind the image is powerful anytime but especially so when one has taken up temporary residence under dire circumstances. Time only exists as "hospital time" with seemingly no structure or meaning.

Having taken many photographs like this, I did not want this one to go without a deeper and respectful acknowledgement as the mystery is hidden in the story behind each image taken in hospitals.

The bright blue sky. Reminiscent of both the good days in the past and... the promise of the coming day. Thank you for sharing, Son.:)

Satrycon

Leica MP ‘Ahn Jung-geun Camera’ - 60th anniversary of Korea’s independence

"Leica produces limited-edition cameras for celebrating international festivities. In honor of the 60th anniversary of Korea’s independence, Leica produced 60 limited-edition Leica MP ‘Ahn Jung-geun Cameras’, whose body was engraved with Ahn Jung-geun’s signature hand stamp and autograph of ‘Dae Han Guk In’ wordings.

The camera body with the engraving of Ahn Jung-geun’s signature hand stamp and autograph is greatly meaningful to Korean. Ahn Jung-geun, who was a Korean independence activist and nationalist, successfully assassinated Ito Hirobumi, the first Prime Minister of Japan in the Harbin railway station in 1909. He was admired by Korean for his patriotism to resist those enemies destroying the authority of Korea and the peace of the Orient. Therefore, these precious Leica limited-edition cameras are of their historical values.

The Leica MP ‘Ahn Jung-geun Camera’ consists of chrome black Leica MP 0.72 body and Leica Summicron-M 35-mm f/2 ASPH lens. Compared to the original Leica MP body, the body of the Leica MP ‘Ahn Jung-geun Camera’ was made with Leica M7 chrome black style, forsaking the normal black paint of MP cameras, leading the colour of the body to be dim and making it more durable without fading. Besides, the frame counter of the ‘Ahn Jung-geun Camera’ is black in colour, which is different from the original silver in colour."

Additional info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Jung-geun

View attachment 141572

What is the story behind the hand-print on the top of the black MP?:shocked:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.