The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

The Boots on the Ground for Heroes Memorial, which has become a Memorial Day tradition in Rhode Island, moves to Fort Adams State Park in Newport for the first time this year.

Presented by Operation Stand Down Rhode Island, the boots represent service members killed in the line of duty since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

The 6,957 boots are adorned with flags and name tags.

Stanley

Attachments

vieri

St. Michael's Mount, sunset

St. Michael's Mount, in Cornwall, is a tidal island connected by a walkway that gets completely submerged at high tide. Sunset shot taken with my Hasselblad X1D, Voigtlander 15mm Super Wide-Heliar v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

D&A

Re: St. Michael's Mount, sunset

Does that lens have a 55mm image circle?!
Excellent Question. I'd also like to know how the latest version of the VC 12mm compares to the latest version of the 15mm on both full frame 35mm like a SL and a camera like the X1D. In other words as will asked, does both these lenses cover a 55mm image circle?

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

vieri

Re: St. Michael's Mount, sunset

Does that lens have a 55mm image circle?!
Excellent Question. I'd also like to know how the latest version of the VC 12mm compares to the latest version of the 15mm on both full frame 35mm like a SL and a camera like the X1D. In other words as will asked, does both these lenses cover a 55mm image circle?

Dave (D&A)
Hey guys! No, it does not cover the 55mm image circle, see here for a unedited test shot:

Basically, if you crop square you can use all the frame, and if you go 16:9 pretty much so; 3:2 needs a little cropping, 4:3 more so. Hope this helps! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Status
Not open for further replies.