The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mristuccia

I've always been attracted by those kind of places in Berlin where a mix between old ruins/constructions and new industrial buildings meet each other and live together. I've decided to make a project out of it.

Shot with an Hasselblad 503CW, CFV-50c and the Planar 80mm.
I would have used the more resolving 100mm but unfortunately I was unable to find a point distant enough to fit.

edit:
I got confused with another image, this is the 40mm IF. :banghead:

Last edited:

dave.gt

The western capercaillie located deep into a forest south of Norway.
Leica S 006 and the superb Summarit 120mm CS lens.

View attachment 141820
Okay, revisiting this wonderful image, and I just have to know the backstory. Behind this image, there is a story of how you got the shot, and I am interested to discover how you did it.:):):)

It is an image that is painterly and looks as if it should be in an old literature book as part of an age-old fairy tale. Really nice!

Last edited:
Okay, revisiting this wonderful image, and I just have to know the backstory. Behind this image, there is a story of how you got the shot, and I am interested to discover how you did it.:):):)

It is an image that is painterly and looks as if it should be in as old literature book as part of an age-old fairy tale. Really nice!
Thanks again Dave. The intention was to recreate the old-age fairy tale painted look, then have some printed for sale to the people having cabins in the area. To start with I must admit that I`m a total beginner with regards to wildlife species. A photo-friend of mine, who is a dedicated hunter and nature photographer equipped with specialized high-speed Canon and a 400mm lense, convinced me to join him for an hour walk into the forest. He had heard from the locals that a territorial cock had been observed in the area. When we reached the place where it had been observed, my friend started yelling, combined with terrible songs and loud noises to attract the cock. And suddenly the bird flew toward us and landed 15 feet in front of us. The bird just stood there, posing for us, for some minutes before starting to act unfriendly and then began to chase us out of its territory. With my rather slow camera-system, a Leica S 006 and the 120mm lens, combined with relatively low light conditions, only a few of the images had the sharpness we all are striving to achieve. The shown image has been developed in Capture One, with some help from Photoshop to remove unwanted tree trunks.

dave.gt

Thanks again Dave. The intention was to recreate the old-age fairy tale painted look, then have some printed for sale to the people having cabins in the area. To start with I must admit that I`m a total beginner with regards to wildlife species. A photo-friend of mine, who is a dedicated hunter and nature photographer equipped with specialized high-speed Canon and a 400mm lense, convinced me to join him for an hour walk into the forest. He had heard from the locals that a territorial cock had been observed in the area. When we reached the place where it had been observed, my friend started yelling, combined with terrible songs and loud noises to attract the cock. And suddenly the bird flew toward us and landed 15 feet in front of us. The bird just stood there, posing for us, for some minutes before starting to act unfriendly and then began to chase us out of its territory. With my rather slow camera-system, a Leica S 006 and the 120mm lens, combined with relatively low light conditions, only a few of the images had the sharpness we all are striving to achieve. The shown image has been developed in Capture One, with some help from Photoshop to remove unwanted tree trunks.
Well, you certainly nailed the look! Wow!

If only I could do something similar. It seems the old historical buildings in our part of the world all look the same more or less in photographs. I hope one day to figure out that painterly look for just that, but your image is amazing.

Well done!:thumbs:

Btw, may I buy a print from you? My wife really likes this image enough to frame it and hang in the kitchen!:)

Last edited:
Well, you certainly nailed the look! Wow!

If only I could do something similar. It seems the old historical buildings in our part of the world all look the same more or less in photographs. I hope one day to figure out that painterly look for just that, but your image is amazing.

Well done!:thumbs:

Btw, may I buy a print from you? My wife really likes this image enough to frame it and hang in the kitchen!:)
I`m flattered Dave. PM me with your address, and I will send you a print.

vieri

Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, Asturias

Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, in Asturias. To get that close to the arch with the right amount of water, you need to wade a bit in the ocean timing your visit when the tide is just about right around sunset :) Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm, and my beloved Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Ed Hurst

Re: Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, Asturias

Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, in Asturias. To get that close to the arch with the right amount of water, you need to wade a bit in the ocean timing your visit when the tide is just about right around sunset :) Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm, and my beloved Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Lovely shot, Vieri. Reminds me of a somewhat similar shot in Australia which likewise could only be shot optimally with some wading and strong nerves! Good work...

vieri

Re: Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, Asturias

Nice one Vieri

Any exposure data to share?

BTW, liked your X1D article even though I prefer the 50R.
Than you very much Al, glad you enjoyed it :) Exposure was 45 seconds, at f/11. Glad you enjoyed the X1D review, the Fujis are also very good cameras of course, I think that we truly are lucky to live today - so much choice, and all great.

Lovely shot, Vieri. Reminds me of a somewhat similar shot in Australia which likewise could only be shot optimally with some wading and strong nerves! Good work...
Thank you very much Ed, glad you liked it! :) I am not familiar with the Australian location you mentioned, but for this one timing (the tide) is really of the essence ;)

Best regards,

Vieri

Status
Not open for further replies.