The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Cool!:cool:

We don't get to see those around here, but we do see a lot of "stuffed" white-tailed deer in the homes of local hunters. It is rare though to have anything other than a trophy-mount of just the head with anthers.

P. Chong

The Forbidden City. Evening, just after sunset. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC 50-110. 5s exposure at f/16. ISO200.

evening.jpg

dave.gt

The Forbidden City. Evening, just after sunset. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC 50-110. 5s exposure at f/16. ISO200.

View attachment 142163
Oh, yes!!! Gorgeous! Excellent!:):):)

And it is not an image from the latest high res, high ISO, high dollar, high-tech trendy cameras being introduced in the market daily. Well done!!!:)

In spite of the so-called IQ advancements over the past years, it is still the photographer. Thank you for sharing, it made my morning!:thumbup:

P. Chong

Thanks Dave...I am quite happy with the image. And it prints to A1 with no problems. To be fair, I have had this camera for about 10 years, and in its day, it was a high dollar camera.

Oh, yes!!! Gorgeous! Excellent!:):):)

And it is not an image from the latest high res, high ISO, high dollar, high-tech trendy cameras being introduced in the market daily. Well done!!!:)

In spite of the so-called IQ advancements over the past years, it is still the photographer. Thank you for sharing, it made my morning!:thumbup:

dave.gt

Thanks Dave...I am quite happy with the image. And it prints to A1 with no problems. To be fair, I have had this camera for about 10 years, and in its day, it was a high dollar camera.
Peter,

Your images with the Leica S and the Hasselblad inspire me. Thank you!:thumbup:

In an unfortunate world of exclusivity, it seems that there is a dichotomy that not only tends to isolate/discourage others who still use "older" gear, but it places a chilling effect on those who actually enjoy using their older camera systems and when that happens, we all lose something by not seeing their work and by not having mutual relationships with them.

I don't recall the title of this forum or even this thread including the words "current models only". If it did, then I, as a person, would probably not be allowed to post here because of my expiry date!:ROTFL:

Is it just me, or is it somewhat rare to see images from the excellent older versions of Hasselblad and Leica?

Can't wait to see more images from all earlier models of MFD cameras!:)

P. Chong

Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Means a lot. I still enjoy and continue to use my H3D. Sometimes with the digital 39Mp back (first version), and sometimes with the film back. For the work that I do, the H3D-39 serves me well. Most of the important stuff is done in studio conditions. But I have started to travel with it as well. And though it is more convenient to walk around with an X1D, the H3D is still good....when the light allows. I usually avoid anything above ISO200. Having said that, this photograph was taken at ISO800 with the H3D-39 and the HCD28. Hand held at f/8, 1/8s, Chinatown, Singapore. March 2011.

chinatown-street-corner.jpg

I will be posting more pics from my H3D.

Peter,

Your images with the Leica S and the Hasselblad inspire me. Thank you!:thumbup:

In an unfortunate world of exclusivity, it seems that there is a dichotomy that not only tends to isolate/discourage others who still use "older" gear, but it places a chilling effect on those who actually enjoy using their older camera systems and when that happens, we all lose something by not seeing their work and by not having mutual relationships with them.

I don't recall the title of this forum or even this thread including the words "current models only". If it did, then I, as a person, would probably not be allowed to post here because of my expiry date!:ROTFL:

Is it just me, or is it somewhat rare to see images from the excellent older versions of Hasselblad and Leica?

Can't wait to see more images from all earlier models of MFD cameras!:)

dave.gt

Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Means a lot. I still enjoy and continue to use my H3D. Sometimes with the digital 39Mp back (first version), and sometimes with the film back. For the work that I do, the H3D-39 serves me well. Most of the important stuff is done in studio conditions. But I have started to travel with it as well. And though it is more convenient to walk around with an X1D, the H3D is still good....when the light allows. I usually avoid anything above ISO200. Having said that, this photograph was taken at ISO800 with the H3D-39 and the HCD28. Hand held at f/8, 1/8s, Chinatown, Singapore. March 2011.

I will be posting more pics from my H3D.
Peter, that would be fantastic!

I am impressed you are carrying the H with you when you travel. I thought I was the only one, even though travel for me is a day road trip so I don't have to deal with air travel. Just me and a backpack with the tripod. Great image at 1/8 s...wow!... I use the cross-arm handholding technique that I learned from Ming Thein in his Thaipusam videos with the H5 and H6... Raising your left arm bent with your hand toward/resting on your right shoulder, then setting the camera on your left elbow. It takes a few times to get used to it, but I use that technique all the time now with any camera/lens combo that is large. Works amazingly well!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Craig Stocks

Fun with medium format, lighting and Photoshop. This is what happens when you take three frames with the light (and shadows) in different spots and then mix and match the color channels taking the red, green and blue from a different frame. You can also do something very similar with three lights where each has a different red, green or blue filter.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.