The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Summer storm approaching from behind. Lightning allowed time only for a single frame ... handheld.:shocked:

Hasselblad H5D-50c 80/2.8:
Summer Storm Approaches June 10, 2019 FINAL H5D-50c.jpg

drevil

Staff member
Thanks Dave...I am quite happy with the image. And it prints to A1 with no problems. To be fair, I have had this camera for about 10 years, and in its day, it was a high dollar camera.
and you shall never part with it!

may i ask if this image was shot on a friday or saturday?
they stopped putting on the lights regularely and i have been chasing this situation for years now, really a pita

beano_z

and you shall never part with it!

may i ask if this image was shot on a friday or saturday?
they stopped putting on the lights regularely and i have been chasing this situation for years now, really a pita
PITA is a polite way to put it, combine their irregular schedule with the random (mostly disgusting) local air quality, you might have better luck spotting a unicorn than getting a perfect image there :ROTFL:

P. Chong

I looked it up on the exif...I photographed this on the 28 October 2011, which was a Friday. Earlier on the 25th, I went up the hill at Jingshan Park to get a lighted overhead pano of the Forbidden City, but they did not light it up! Here a pic shot earlier that day (25). This shot with the HCD28.

outside-angle.jpg

Oh, yea, I will not part with the H3D-39...its worth too little to sell anyway, and as long as it works, I think I will shoot with it. Love the CCD colour.

PITA is a polite way to put it, combine their irregular schedule with the random (mostly disgusting) local air quality, you might have better luck spotting a unicorn than getting a perfect image there :ROTFL:

drevil

Staff member
yes its a hot spot for photographers, always has been

ok so the night shot wasn't a recent one then if i understand correctly?

Last edited:

P. Chong

Just for fun, as I had both cameras on hand, a quick comparison on field of view of the H3D-39 with HCD28 and the X1D-50 with XCD21. Both shot at f/11, 1/25s on a tripod. Tripod remained the same position, only the cameras were swapped within a few minutes of each other. Apologies that the clouds moved in between the shots, resulting in a different color. I think its interesting that the X1D with 21's smaller sensor (44x33 vs 48x36) has a wider field of view.

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD28

h3d-28.jpg

Hasselblad X1D-50 with XCD21

x1d-21.jpg

BTW, the buildings in the background is a condominium just across the road from my balcony, and is a design of the famous architect - Zaha Hadid.

Cowz

Medium format Aussie style.... harsh lit cow skull in a paddock. Hasselblad X1D and XCD 45mmf3.5. Love this system if I have the time to compose and shoot at a leisurely speed. Otherwise I use my workhorse Fuji GFX50S and 32-64 or 120macro. In two weeks, the 50S is replaced by a GFX100....

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.