The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkenspyder

My first camera, photographed by my current (last?) camera. Kodak Instamatic 104 and Phase One IQ4 150.

This could also qualify as a post as a MF macro, tech camera or BTS. When I got the Cambo / Canon 24 TS setup I didn't realize how close it could focus. I've included a setup shot so you can see the lens is only about 3 inches from the subject. I focused on the Kodak logo with some lens swing to extend the plane of focus across the front of the camera.
OMG, how delightful! A 104 was my first owned camera as well. Nice blast from the past delivered by the present.

B L

A low res image from a recent job shoot. This project is a documentation of watches in real life, lived in condition. This is my personal Rolex Cosmograph Daytona.

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC80 and HTS 1.5 with 26mm extension tube. Tilt 9.3 Shift 16.3 Rot 0. f/11 at 1/125, with flash at ISO100.

I have H3D 39 and the lens you used to make this lovely photo, except the watch and HTS 1.5, and if you wish I should also try to take a photo or two then please send your watch and HTS 1.5 to me.
I will gladly give my address details to you. Thanks in advance. Bashir.

beano_z

Here's an image from our rooftop adventure a couple weeks ago, shooting down the Hongkou Gang river, straight into the Pudong skyline. This two minute exposure just after sunrise was my last image of that day, before being told to leave the building :facesmack:

Image was shot on the IQ4 150mp back through the Rodenstock 90mm lens at f/11 and ISO 50. I had to stack both my tripod heads just to get over the high wall, lucky I scouted out the location the day before or I'd had to shoot a tech-cam handheld that morning :angel:

Here's a bit of the story behind this little river in the foreground called the Hongkou Gang:

The word "Hongkou" was first seen in "Guangxu Shanghai County". In the middle of the Qing Dynasty, there were three cross-river arch bridges on the section of the Shahong River near the Huangpu River, so this is the mouth of the Huangpu River, also known as Hongkou.

After the United States rented the land north of Wusong River to Shanghai Road, it was named Hongkou Meifang. In 1943, the Hongkou District was set up, and the district name was named Hongkou Port. The wording of "Hongkou" was fixed and passed down to the present.

Because of the historical changes of the river, the river was unable to directly drain to the port when it encountered typhoon, heavy rain and high tide at the same time. There was a risk of intrinsic danger and threatened the safety of residents along the river. In 2014, the river opened a pump gate near the Huangpu River, which was completed on June 16, 2015.

However, on the second day after the completion of the project, Hongkou District suffered heavy rain and astronomical tides at the same time. The five bridges on Hongkou Port were flooded and almost floated up, so that the Hongkou District People’s Government urgently mobilized large trucks to weight down the bridges.

P0000578 Shanghai Sunrise 02-Jun-2019.jpg

P. Chong

Nice...you got it on a clear day too. Last time I was in Shanghai, visibility was very poor.

Here's an image from our rooftop adventure a couple weeks ago, shooting down the Hongkou Gang river, straight into the Pudong skyline. This two minute exposure just after sunrise was my last image of that day, before being told to leave the building :facesmack:

Image was shot on the IQ4 150mp back through the Rodenstock 90mm lens at f/11 and ISO 50. I had to stack both my tripod heads just to get over the high wall, lucky I scouted out the location the day before or I'd had to shoot a tech-cam handheld that morning :angel:

beano_z

Nice...you got it on a clear day too. Last time I was in Shanghai, visibility was very poor.
Usually the better visibility comes at a price, the best skies happen during the annual typhoon season, between July and August, but it's also very hot and muggy, especially if you want to secure a spot for sunset at popular locations, when you have a arrive early in the afternoon, but speaking from experience, a cold beer (or two) does wonders....

I’ve been there a few times on the Bund overwhelmed by selfie shooters or wedding shooters.
Yes, having lived here for almost 15 years, I simply cannot handle the crowds anymore, so either we shoot sunset at secluded locations or we go for sunrise which means getting up at 3:30am. But also, there's already too many images of the CBD shot from the Bund waterfront, it's almost impossible to get an original image there. I've seen people pour buckets and buckets of water on the walkway early in the mooring, just to be able to get a small puddle for reflections :bugeyes:

etrump

Duh - Oops! :) I’ll blame that on my perspective fix. All my prints trim 1/8 on each side so I rarely notice this sort of thing.

Especially that little 16 bit white triangle in the lower left corner of the 2nd image is exquisite :grin:

Just kidding (hope you don't mind), great shots and lovely light, composition and colour. :clap:

etrump

Had a week at home catching up on some image processing. Hope you don’t mind.

Kebler Pass in October:

IQ3100, 40-80mm:

Status
Not open for further replies.