The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcubell

A couple forest images from the redwoods:

Both IQ4150 40-80mm 16 bit color! :rolleyes:

Very beautiful images. There is a palpable, three dimensional quality to the light as you captured it. That’s a real challenge with a two dimensional medium, particularly as uploaded on the web.

etrump

Thank you Tom. I did almost nothing, I did correct for distortion from pointing the camera upwards. I was literally standing on the highway 101 that runs along the west coast. The fog started to lift and a shaft of light illuminated the small tree.

Wow Ed. The first image is remarkable. Did you use some processing techniques you learned in your workshop with with David Osborn?

Tom

tsjanik

Thanks Ed. Nothing like being in the right place at the right time. I asked because the quality of the light seems reminiscent of the Osborn images I have seen and I remember that you posted about attending a workshop..

P. Chong

Just shot this...KLCC from the vantage point at the poolside bar of Traders Hotel.

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD28. f/8 at 4s ISO100.

klcc-traders-2048.jpg

danlindberg

Dan,

Sweeeeet composition!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

And the juxtaposition of moving clouds with static structure is really nice!:)
Thanks Dave, yes, moving clouds was key here, I shot it first 'straight' but the clouds were moving visibly so I mounted a ND and made another one and this turned out nicer in combo with static structure.

beano_z

Something different from my usual this time, shot on the XF with 150mp back though a Hasselblad FE 110/2.0 wide open, lit with a single on-camera flash, bounced off the wall off to the left hand side. It was a real struggle to focus manually with a moving subject and such high resolution so my hit-rate was super low, I wonder why the XF doesn't have a split focusing screen option?

P0000672 Model Zero Shanghai Small - 16-Jun-2019.jpg

P. Chong

A portrait this time. On the X1D with XCD90. Legendary surfer Kelly Slater, photographed in Bali recently. Hand held, available light...which was gorgeous sunlight through a large glass door on his right.

kelly.jpg

P. Chong

I am pretty happy with the new X1Dii announcement (I guess unlike many others), though the X1D used prices will plummet. But the X1D remains the same wonderful tool with great IQ it already was. Here is a celebration...ok, one pic from the X1D with XCD21 (which I think is a MUST BUY for wide angle shooters). Bali Omnia Beach Club, one of the hottest clubs in Bali nowadays.

View attachment 142398

Attachments

jng

While some of us distract ourselves with the latest announcements from Hasselblad, here's a shameless postcard-y shot I took while wandering around Stockholm with my X1D one lovely summer afternoon last week...

Gilded crown on bridge to Skeppsholmen

H06_15_2019_0028.jpg

X1D | XCD90 | f/8

etrump

Thank you! I did do a one on one workshop with David. It was super valuable and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks Ed. Nothing like being in the right place at the right time. I asked because the quality of the light seems reminiscent of the Osborn images I have seen and I remember that you posted about attending a workshop..

Status
Not open for further replies.